Well im out of ideas what to listen to...Anybody got suggestions?

HardSide

May 23, 2003
Visit site
Im into:
Slayer, Pantera, Children of bodom, In flames, Soilwork, Gardenian, Fear Factory, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Anthrax etc... that should be enough to give an idea on what I like.

At The Gates, Darkane, Dissection, Terror 2000, Testament (if you haven't heard them already), Dark Angel, Soultorn, Nevermore.

for something different try
Frank Zappa- Apostrophe('), Weasles Rip My Flesh
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Royal Hunt - Mission to Mars
anything by Bukka White or Son House

just some good shit
Motorhead - Iron Fist, Another Perfect Day
Slade
Rage

Sounds like you are a thrash head. There were some great oldschool thrash albums back in the late 80's - early 90's

Metal Church - "Blessing in Disguise" Not a thrash band at all, but I would consider that CD as being thrash and great songs cover to cover. One of my all-time favorites that still gets a spin once in a while.

Wrathchild America - Climbing The Walls. Really good thrash band and a solid CD.

Powermad - Absolute Power. This one is hard to find, but worth looking for. Great thrash band with a lead singer who sings in a high voice, unlike most thrash, but it works well for him and the band.

Coroner - most of their stuff is pretty high quality. They make a lot of noise for a three man band.

Forbidden - Twisted into Form. Bostaph was their drummer and they were a very good thrash band.

Angel Dust - Power metal, but they started as a thrash band, so they don't mind going back to their roots on all their CDs to kick your ass, especially their most recent, Of Human Bondage. It's pretty brutal and heavy.

I seriously recommend the first one. Fans of oldschool thrash like Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament etc. usually get into this CD. If you like drumming, the drummer, Kirk Arrington put on a clinic as well on that release especially with his ride work.

Bryant

Daylight Dies is a good one that I discovered recently. Check out Carcass is you like hard. I also suggest Arcturus and Winds

Seriously im not a thrash head, i mean i dont consider soilwork/dark tranquility thrash metal. i just collect every form of metal music, ranging from anal cunt to wolf.

if you wanna see the list of what i got (wasnt updated in half a year) www.mastersofweb.com/songs.html

dont mind the aerosmith or the alanis crap or creed I trade mp3's online and some guy wanted those and others and I just never deleted it.

Today is the Day, Converge, Neurosis, Isis, Mastodon, Lamb of God... I would definately reccomend all of those.

Also, Porcupine Tree, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, The Devin Townsend Band and Death.

I second nigthmarez suggestions- especially Isis.

You got a hell of alot of quality shit.

I also agree with LuminousAether - try another form of music- I ve been listening to alot of reggae- electronica, old 60's psychedelic, and african music lately- as I think I found myself in the same situation as yourself. Still loving metal- but craving something more.

Since everyone pretty much covered every band I was going to mention, I'll recommend some lesser known bands.

Serberus - American death metal with a touch of black metal.
www.mp3.com/serberus

Adenine - If you like older Soilwork you will like them.
www.mp3.com/adenine

Grey Skies Fallen - Melodic death metal, I highly suggest you check them out. www.mp3.com/greyskiesfallen

Evoken - Excellent funeral doom metal band.
www.mp3.com/evoken

It Dies Today - Really good metalcore/hardcore.
www.mp3.com/itdiestoday

Light is the Language - Mathcore/hardcore comparable to The Dillinger Escape Plan. www.mp3.com/lightisthelanguage

That's it for now, I'll try to post more if the thread is still alive in the near future.

Reactions: St. Vitus
I recommend Opeth, Katatonia, Dark Tranquillity, October Tide, Daylight Dies, Bloodbath, Empyrium, Emperor, Novembre....There's tons more, I'll post them later....