Well this sucks!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
San Francisco Loses Legendary Metal/Hardcore Mecca The Pound - Oct. 22, 2006

The Pound in San Francisco, which has served as the epicenter of 90 percent of all metal and hardcore shows in the Bay Area, is closing its doors tonight (Sunday, October 22) after reportedly being with an eviction notice by the S.F. Port Authority. Therefore the FEAR FACTORY show that was due to take place on Friday, October 27 there is now taking place at the Oakland Metro Operahouse in Oakland. The address is 201 Broadway. Web site is www.oaklandmetro.org. All tickets from the Pound show will be honored at door.

The very last concert at The Pound tonight will feature performances by ANIMOSITY, SEIZE THE NIGHT, BURN IN SILENCE and INTRONAUT, among others.

For more information, visit www.poundsf.com.

(Thanks: Logan)
Sad to see it go. I know people always complained about the neighborhood it was in, but The Pound was a great place to play/see a show. I am glad to have played there several times over the years with Dragonlord, as well as a few SweetLeaf gigs that were there, and seeing a ton of shows/events there. What a cool place! Sad to see it go, but hopefully this will perk up the other clubs in the City to get their shit together and book more metal uptown now.

I cant say it really means anything to me since I have never heard of it. But still, it seemed like a great place to be but now Im never going to be able to visit it.

BTW, Where in the US are you right now Steve?

Yeah sucks that it's over. I went to see Soilwork last Thursday which was the last national show comingh though. I'm not sure how Fear Factory, Suffocation, Hypocrisy and Decapitated is gonna turn out at The metro in Oakland.

Man, Suffocation are just getting one bad turn after another. First that incident with the tour bus scam and now this. Really sucks for them.

This would probably be similar to if Harpo's in Detroit shut its doors permanently, so I kind of understand what a loss this is.

it kinda sucks, but in a way it's probably good. The way i see it, this means more metal shows at slims, the fillmore, Great american music hall, bimbos... All of which are very clean and nice compared to the pound, which lets face it, was a shit hole. Still though, i saw some great shows there and the parking was good.

I agree, but I also loved the free parking at The Pound....and the fact that they hosted most of the good metal shows I have seen over the past 5 years