First gig in SF on Oct 26th CHANGED to Orangevale - READ ME

Squeak

Photo Mistress
Hey guys, thought I ought to let you know that he FIRST NIGHT show on the 26th of October at the Pound SF in San Francisco is NOT happening anymore. Friday night is still happening, though. INSTEAD, Thursday night's show is going to be held at The Boardwalk in Orangevale. Their website is www.boardwalkrocks.com and the link to buy tickets is on there as well.

For those few of you that already bought tickets, you can get a refund at the Pound or wherever you bought your tickets. You also have the option of using that ticket to get into the Friday night show, but I believe you have to tell the original place you bought it to change the date. If anyone has issues with that, let me know and I can get more info for you.

This is what I posted on my myspace about the Pound, the gigs, etc:

Soooooooooooooooo, last night was the final metal show at the Pound SF. ‘Twas a great show (Soilwork, Darkest Hour, Mnemic and Threat Signal) and a decent turnout, but it was indeed sad. You kind of get used to going to the same place, seeing the same people working and in the crowd, and you get to thinking it’s almost like a huge family in a way. I’ve been going there ever since it opened 5+ years ago and I have gone to I’m guessing over 700 shows there (no joke). Hell it’s probably more than that, if it’s over a five year period! One of these days I will do the math.

Cip (from Insipid Productions, the ones that put on 98% of the big metal shows in the area and all the ones at the Pound basically) did come up on stage with the Insipid crew and thank everyone for the huge amount of support that everyone has always given. He wanted to make SURE that everyone knows that just because the Pound is going away doesn’t mean that the shows will. Insipid will still keep the shows going, even if it means booking the gigs at 6 different places to do it. He is looking into buying a club of his own so he can have all the metal gigs there (by the way, he was already half owner of the Pound, along with Tony). Soooooooo, I hope that happens, and very soon!!! Cip is an awesome guy and will do anything within his power to keep the scene going. I’m really sad that the Pound is going away and the Insipid crew has had to go through so much to keep everything going – I guess what doesn’t kill you really does makes you stronger.

As far as the upcoming shows that were scheduled for the Pound goes, this is the news I have as of right now:

The Fear Factory, Suffocation, Hypocrisy, Decapitated gig scheduled for Friday, October 27th at 8:30pm, and the Moonspell, Katatonia, Daylight Dies gig scheduled for Saturday, November 4th at 8:30pm, have been moved to Oakland Metro at 201 Broadway in Oakland. The show date and time will remain the same.

Directions are available by clicking here: http://www.oaklandmetro.org/directions.html

Your tickets are still valid for admission at the new location and can be picked up at the will-call area, upon your arrival, with the presentation of a valid photo ID.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND – the Metro is a SMALLER venue, yes, smaller than the Pound. The parking on the immediate area street is all PERMIT REQUIRED, so please be sure to double check that you are not in a permit area, otherwise you will get towed away. There is, however, a lot of parking in the surrounding areas (according to my friends), most of which is free. There are a few food places around as well. It is not far from Jack London Square I believe.

Cip is still awaiting word on where the other gigs are being moved to. I will keep you posted as SOON as I know ANYTHING that can be posted.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE repost this ENTIRE message (yes, including my name so people don’t think Insipid Productions posted it) if you think ANYONE on your friends list needs to know this info. There are quite a few bands out there that have played the Pound in the past that may want to know it is closing. You can repost the entire bulletin by hitting “reply to sender”, copy the ENTIRE contents and pasting it into a new bulletin. I would really appreciate the help in getting the word out. If you do not know me nor have me on your friends list, add me at http://www.myspace.com/photomistress or subscribe to my blog at least and you will get up to date info. Thanks so much for supporting the metal scene in the San Francisco Bay Area!!!

~Squeak

This is what they played at the Oakland show. I don't remember the order though.

Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Osculum obscenum
Eraser
Rosewell 47
The Final Chapter
Warpath
Let the Knife do the Talking

I think that was all, I might be wrong though.

masakistjg said:
This is what they played at the Oakland show. I don't remember the order though.

Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Osculum obscenum
Eraser
Rosewell 47
The Final Chapter
Warpath
Let the Knife do the Talking

I think that was all, I might be wrong though.

Looks good to me except Fire in the Sky is missing.

Keep those setlists coming!

The setlist from Orangevale was the same as Oakland, except that they added Let the Knife Do the Talking at Oakland. The actual order of the setlist is:

Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Eraser
Osculum Obscenum
Roswell 47
Warpath
Final Chapter

Let the Knife Do the Talking

I'm actually going to make a separate thread for reviews/setlists for the US shows on this tour, that way people can keep them all in one thread. I will post this setlist again there and type out a review in about an hour.