Went to Mayhem fest yesterday....

mva801

Nov 18, 2009
Holy balls there were a lot of people. Never seen so many tweaker white supremacist slayer fans in my life. That place was a shit show of the lowest society has to offer..... BUT.... the bands were rad.

Missed Whitechapel, got in halfway through As I Lay Dying. Suffered through Asking Alexandria, who weren't very good. They even fucked up a song and had to start over. Betraying the Martyrs was ok. Couldn't tell what was going on beyond all the bass drops and repetitive breakdowns. Devil Wears Prada opened the main stage, and they were actually REALLY good. I've always hated that band, but they were pretty impressive, not gonna lie.

Motorhead was entertaining as all hell. Way solid.

Slayer was amazing as well. Their stage setup was bad ass. I've seen them a ton, and hearing South of Heaven and Angel of Death never seems to get old. They opened with Disciple, and Dave Lombardo is a god damn MACHINE. Can't remember who is filling in on guitar, but he was awesome.

Slipknot: Fucking incredible. I can't believe this is the first time I've seen them. I've had tickets before years ago, but they cancelled twice. Jim Root was out with a burst appendix, but I'd still put them in the top 5 live bands I've ever seen. Cory is fucking flawless live....

So all in all: :headbang:

If you can deal with all the white trash nazi fucks screaming SLAYEEEEEERRRR!!! all damn day, then I'd say go. I got a migraine from all the heat but it went away before Slipknot, so I'm not complaining too much.