Who went VADER yesterday?

Pierogi

Stoopid Bastardo
Nov 5, 2001
London
It was at the Underworld in London.

First were Descent from London i missed my little brother saw them before and said they were good.

Then some band that wasn't advertised who didn't introduce themselves but had foreign accents, didn't really get into them, maybe because i didn't know their songs, the singer and guitarist were getting in each others way and could see they were pissin' each other off (the highlight of their set)

Then DECAPITATED for me the best of the night maybe cause i know all their songs, their cover of 'mandatory suicide' came out really good probably cause it was the slowest (the only one played below light-speed). i think they sounded a bit better at the Garage earlier in the year but still really good, shame they didn't play 'nine steps' again. they spoke polish to us this time which was nice

Then Krisiun i didn't like them before i like them even less now, a wall of noise they turned up the volume seriously loud ihad to leave half way cause i was in pain and my fuckin ears are still ringing now

Last VADER turned out good although 'Torch of War', one of my favourites turned out pretty shit. 'Revelation of Black Moses' was really good cause its slow and 'The Nomad' was also really good.
He also kept talking to us in polish and at the end said: "Jestem dumny z was i jestem dumny z polski" i am proud of you and proud of poland it sounded a little bit nationalistic, but i doubt he'd say that in poland. oh yeah and Mauser looked well evil.

before the gig i got 70p of simon (bassist from vader) cause my brother's friend didn't have enough for the gig

I SAW VADER!!!!!!
I didn't even recognoise "Torch of War", but i got "Epitaph", "Xeper", "Revelation of Black Moses", "Wings", "The Nomad". I recognised the first 10 seconds of my fave Krisiun song "Conquerors of Armageddon" but the sound was so bad I lost the riff. Didn't recognise any Decapitated either, even though I have Winds of Creation. You could see those girls were really starting to annoy Mauser, did you see him mouth to one of them "get off the stage"? They were so distracting...but I guess at least they were nice to look at :)

Vader made it all worth going for me!!!

I went yesterday to this show, damn fun it was.

Descent - never heard before, very good set, quite impressed. As they're a london band hopefully I'll catch them a few more times in the future. Also the only band to have some clean sections and some (albeit rare) clean vocals.

Prejudice - well, I'd never heard of these guys before, and only just found out what they were called. VERY impressive band, the guitarist on the left was extremely skilled, probably band of the night for me. I must find out more

Decapitated - the band I came for. slightly disappointed, partly due to me being so impressed with prejudice, and partly due to there only being one guitarist whereas most of the songs really need a second in a live setting. great pile up sing along with spheres of madness though :)

Krisiun - slightly disappointed, although I wasn't near the front for these guys, so wasn't paying as much attention as the previous bands. the drummer and guitarist did their own solos, although with the guitarist it was just lots of shredding random notes, like a 2 minute slayer solo. the guy could play, but it was just a crap solo.

Vader - I'm not really that big a fan of vader to be honest, and I was quite metalled out by this point :). They opened with the only song I've heard - epitaph. Very well played I have to say, but I left after simply cos I was knackered. I'd have stayed to watch definitely if I was in the mood.