What about a Rarities & Demos Compilation?

Xack

Check Out My Member
Sep 2, 2005
There are so many rarities, demos & Japanese Bonus tracks out there, what about the idea of putting together a double disc collection of rarities\japanese bonus tracks and a second disc of demos (not the demos that was released a few years ago but demos from the 4th Deminsion and up?

I got the japanese version of Into the Abyss recently and the demo for Roswell '47 is awesome.

Just a thought and I wanted to see what everyone else thought about the idea.

Edit: Just to prove my point... Nowhere to Run (Catch 22 Jap Bonus) is pretty good, not album worthy but good... the original version of The Abyss (avail on 4th Dem. Jap & Death is Just the Beginning 3 or 4) is AWESOME, the self titled album has Elastic Inverted Visions (Demo Version) and Falling Through The Ground... Vurs has Watch Out (2000 Demo) and it's pretty good as well, like Nowhere to Run, it's not album worthy but still better than a lot of the songs that come out...

And you know Peter has to have so many unreleased Hypo songs lying around collecting dust that it's not even funny...

is there any way you might be willing to compile such a thing and hook me up? I will whatever I can in return.

I'd really like to hear the roswell demo!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty expensive to get them all for one person... the jap version of 4th went for about $45, too much for me... hopefully I'll win the self titled album, I really want to hear Falling Through the Ground...

I'm working on compiling what I can, but you can only spend so much on imports ya know.

I made a comp. about a year ago, 2 discs and faded The Gathering (Abducted) into Elastic Inverted Visions and sounds awesome... one good thing is you can mix the tracks from 4th & up and they don't sound too odd because peter did such a great job on each album.

Right now, I'm trying to gather as many tracks as I can... if anyone has Death is Just the Beginning III (I think it's this one with the original version of The Abyss recorded around the 4th era), please let me know, I'd love to trade you something for it (through IM or something) I want a WAV track, NOT MP3, I have the mp3 of it I made years ago when I had the compilation.

Hypocrisy - Request Denied (Old Version) from 'Maximum Abduction' count?

what's "Falling Through The Ground"? aint heard of that one. anyone got a YSI hook up?

Yes, "falling Through the Ground" is on the japanese version "Hypocrisy".

Is there anyone on these forums from Japan that could list all the Japanese bonus tracks?

What is YSI?

I'm counting the '95 version of Request Denied. I wish I had a good record player so I could transfer the b-side of the carved up 7", I think it's a demo... I'd have to go back and look though...

If we could all get together and trade some tracks around, I'm sure we could come up with a complete compilation of the bonus\rare tracks... it's not like we're trying to trade the retail albums... America just gets the shaft on the cooler tracks that are included in Europe\Japan\South America.

I don't know about you all, but I'd include the collaboration with Swanö on Country Girl (DIO).

Also, there is either a re-issue or limited edition of Abducted that has about 4-5 live tracks, downloaded the mp3s once and they sound great... Fractured is one of the tracks...

I have a server that we can use to upload\download wavs... but again, this will not be fore the regular retail albums... I'm a strong supporter of buying albums and not downloading mp3s.

Here's a list of what I have: (I'm including the tracks at the end of Wacken because they're demos, but that is the only reason).

- Beginning of the End (1999)
- Fuck U (1999)
- Nowhere To Run (2002)
- Request Denied (1995)
- Roswell '47 (Demo) (1995)
- Strange Ways (1995)
- Time Warp (1999)
- Unkill the End (1999)
- Watch Out (2000 Demo)
- Roswell '47 (Re-recorded)
- The Beginning of the End [The B-side of the Carved Up 7"]

I know I need:
- The Abyss (Original 93/94/95)
- Country Girl (Dio Tribute w/ Dan Swanö)
- Falling Through The Ground ("Hypocrisy" Japanese Version)
- Elastic Inverted Visions (Demo) ("Hypocrisy" Japanese Version)

Does anyone know any other tracks floating around?

I posted a sample of The Gathering\Elastic Inverted Visions I mentioned above.... I'm not posting the full track to avoid stepping on toes, but the sample is about 1:31 mins and at 320 kbps

www.thermalbreakdown.com/The_Gathering_&_Elastic_Inverted_Visions.mp3

The Gathering faded into the opening of Elastic sounds great together, also tried it previously with Fractured, but I thought Elastic sounded best.

Just got the Death is.... IV today, it has the re-recorded version of Roswell '47 and it's quite a bit different... very cool.

If we can get a few other members helping out, we could get this compilation under way... I have access to free color laser printing as well as disc printing (so good it looks professional, except without the retail finish on the disc... but if you open the jewel case and see the cd, it looks like a retail disc...

I go the best of compilation done (Deminsion - The Arrival)... I just need to tweak the Abducted songs, seems those are the weakest sounding songs after the mastering from those eras I mentioned above... can we get a re-mastered re-issue?

It won't happen, but it'd be great to completely remix\remaster the entire catalog (like Megadeth did), but we know that won't happen.

Also the self titled album mixed in 5.1 would be.... well too much for words...