What about impulses for headphone mixing? =D

Andrew_Anakin

Shokran - Exodus soon...
I was thinking about this a while ago. So today i've tried it!
Definately every headphones and studio monitors sound way different from each others! And when you mix in the headphones it can sound good but then on your monitors you feel where were your faults in equalization etc. Sure, mixing with the monitors is proper and your ears will stay fresh longer then with the heaphones. But if something happen and you cannot mix with your monitors at the moment? Or if it's too late and so on, then you need to put your headphones on your head.
I thought it could be a nice idea to make the headphones to sound close to the monitors and i've decided to make an impulse for mixing with them.
I've recorded a signal from my Yamaha HS7 and then recorded the same signal from the headphones (I have Superlux HD-330 atm.) by pressing one "ear" close to the mic. Then i've compared two signals and matched the eq's. I've fixed some bad resonanses from that matching and tried to find the most correct sounding.
And then i've made an impulse with Voxengo Deconvolver.
I should say that it worked pretty fine!)
Impulse
Btw the first time i thought about such an idea when i haven't any good headphones-earplugs and i walked somewhere and listened to music with really annoying sony ericsson's ears. There were tooo much of 2k and i guess 4k and i wanted to cut them so much. I thought to make a playlist of a songs with post-eq to make them sound better in those ericsson's :)

Hey there, thanks for sharing your impulse! That's an interesting concept to mix with this impulse.
I don't know if this was supposed to happen, but when I put your impulse over one of my mixes, it made it
sound much better without the need to mix anymore :lol: