What Monitors for $400?

MegaMustaine

Apr 7, 2006
I have $400 bucks, and currently I'm using my POD XT with some Senheiser headphones, but I want some monitors to improve mixing and ect.

I've heard about Berhinger Truths and other monitors, can anyone recommend me some decent monitors for that price?

M-Audio BX-8As rock man. Some of the best sub-$500 monitors I've heard so far. A/B'ed against KRK RP-8's, Mackie HR824s, and Event TR-8s. Out of them all I feel they have the best clarity and most un-hyped sound overall. I plan on getting a pair very soon.

~006

save up more for yammy hs80 :kickass: might i suggest samson rubicons 6
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/378134-REG/Samson_SARB6A_RUBICON_6a_2_Way.html
ribbon monitors that have excellent transient response $399!!!!
also, listen and compare monitors before buying if you can.... despite popular opinion i was quite dissapointed with the bx8a when compared to rockit 8s and hs80, all freq. ranges seems congested to me. that is only my opinion though. i suggest getting lower end monitors then spending more later because bx8a is the highest end of lower end monitors whereas you could spend a little more to be in a bigger league, or a little less and be right up there with bx8a...

depending the power you want/need, it seems that the users around here will go for either

M-AUDIO BX5A - M-AUDIO BX8A
YAMAHA HS50 - YAMAHA HS80

The M-Audio being a little bit cheaper. You can go for any them.