What about The Doors???

I'm currently listening to some The Doors songs. This is one of my favourite bands from all time!

Just wondering if there's anybody here who enjoy them as well...

(And if someone likes An American Prayer, by Jim Morrison...)

Probably a bad band to some of you...but I'm sure that's a really classical good one for others ;)

Discuss...

once we're talking about this band, I found some interesting stuff of Jim Morrison :p

It is called The Lost Paris Tapes, and here's the story:

I thought it was an album, or at least something like An American Prayer...:rolleyes: So I downloaded it...

But, actually it's Jim, completely :Smokin: stoned, talking, and singing in non-sense, and talking again, and screaming...:Smug:

Guys...I already knew that he was crazy and junkie, but definitely he's a complete lunatic with mental issues :lol:

I think Jim was a shitty poet. He was also an eccentric egomaniac. Totally overrated. I dig the music though.

I laugh my ass off every time I hear
"the west....is the best....yeah...and we'll do the rest" (paraphrase)

generally I like'em, but not everything...
Pretty old stuff, but pretty high-grade stuff...

Miss*Lie said:
once we're talking about this band, I found some interesting stuff of Jim Morrison :p

It is called The Lost Paris Tapes, and here's the story:

I thought it was an album, or at least something like An American Prayer...:rolleyes: So I downloaded it...

But, actually it's Jim, completely :Smokin: stoned, talking, and singing in non-sense, and talking again, and screaming...:Smug:

Guys...I already knew that he was crazy and junkie, but definitely he's a complete lunatic with mental issues :lol:

:lol: I need to get myself those tapes. :lol:
About the band, they are one of my all time favorites, but there is something that always buged me a lot about them which is Morrison's egocentrism. Yes he is a great song writer and yes he has a fantastic deep voice but the rest of the crew is great too. Just listen to Ray Manzareh's keyboard playing in the song "Light My Fire", for example, it's absolutly phenomenal!! It's not actually a bad thing, but it just bugs me to see Morrison get all the credit.

Nediam said:
:lol: I need to get myself those tapes. :lol:
About the band, they are one of my all time favorites, but there is something that always buged me a lot about them which is Morrison's egocentrism. Yes he is a great song writer and yes he has a fantastic deep voice but the rest of the crew is great too. Just listen to Ray Manzareh's keyboard playing in the song "Light My Fire", for example, it's absolutly phenomenal!! It's not actually a bad thing, but it just bugs me to see Morrison get all the credit.

Ray Manzareh is a genius! And I agree with you when you said that Jim gets all the credit.:Smug:

Actually Jim always asked people to recognize him as a poet, not as a musician...

By the way, I see you're Portuguese...am I right??? If so, Benvindo ao UM!!!
Espero que apareças cá mais vezes :p

Miss*Lie said:
Ray Manzareh is a genius! And I agree with you when you said that Jim gets all the credit.:Smug:

Actually Jim always asked people to recognize him as a poet, not as a musician...

By the way, I see you're Portuguese...am I right??? If so, Benvindo ao UM!!!
Espero que apareças cá mais vezes :p

ya, sou tuga ainda que não goste muito de viver aqui e obrigad por m benvindares :lol: ao UM