what Amp/Cab Sim are you using these days?

Sep 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
My main combo that i've been messing around with lately is the Cali Diamond plate (from my pod xt pro) with tube screamer. I have the cab sim off and i run that through the Catharsis S-preshigh impulse. Then some post processing should give you that tight tone with minimal amount of nasty fizz that u get from amp sims. I'm constantly experimenting with different amp head sims and post processing techniques. Ill be happy to share with you guys if i get a new tone worth sharing.

So what amp/cab combo are u working with at the moment?

Orange AD30 through a PPC412 and Maxon OD909 with a single 57. It's very different to the 5150 sims I've been using in the past, but it's fucking sick.

Normally using Ibanez TS7-Peavey 6505-Mesa Rectifier Cab with some combination of SM57/MD421/SM7B/AT4040

When messing with sims I usually use POD Farm's Orange AD30 and Dual Rec/Solando sims into the stock cabs. Really need to get myself PF Platinum to be honest so I can get some of the better amps.

ahjteam said:
Boss NS2 -> Ibanez TS9 or Maxon OD808 -> Mesa Dual Rectifier, Bugera 333, Peavey Windsor or Marshall Mode Four -> 2x12" with Celestion Vintage 30 elements -> Shure SM57

/sneap :rofl: