What are you listening to right now?

After waking up made a nice cup of coffee and put on some good old Sweet Comfort Band. After that the metal kicks in and it's time for some Believer, Trilogy of Knowledge! mmmmm

Listened to Soilwork's latest on the way into work. I still think it's the best album of the year. Actually, I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Picked up Oakhelm's Betwixt & Between on vinyl on Saturday. Still haven't had a chance to listen to it, so I should be doing that when I get home.

Think I brought these dudes up earlier but it's so easy to come back to this album and it goes by in a flash. Really do recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do they play?

Technical death metal/thrash-ish. I'm not fan of the genre on the whole but they are a new band and pretty damn good too.

Listened to Soilwork's latest on the way into work. I still think it's the best album of the year. Actually, I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best albums I've ever heard.

I would love it if on their next US tour they played The Living Infinite in its entirety. I'd be fine with hearing more new songs at the expense of 'classics'. TLI is definitely one of my top 10 albums of all time, and eventually it'll probably make my top 5.

Technical death metal/thrash-ish. I'm not fan of the genre on the whole but they are a new band and pretty damn good too.

I would love it if on their next US tour they played The Living Infinite in its entirety. I'd be fine with hearing more new songs at the expense of 'classics'. TLI is definitely one of my top 10 albums of all time, and eventually it'll probably make my top 5.

It's still unbelievable to me how great that album is. I mean, they really showed that they don't need Peter Wichers in their band, at all. The new guy must have had just boxes full of tapes of ideas that happened to fit the Soilwork mold, because it's so Soilwork, and it's so good. If they can top this album, that would be amazing.

I would really love to see it live in it's entirety as well. I mean, this album is so good it almost makes thier other material obsolete for me. If I'm going to listen to Soilwork, I always pick this album.

Anyone else here into Anathema’s death/doom material? Because I’ve been listening to it a lot as of late. It’s awesome.

Yeah I love there doom metal stuff.. The silent enigma is a great album.. Sometimes it's hard for me to get past the production, but the music is great.

My go to Anathema album is "A fine Day to Exit" That is there masterpiece in my opinion.

Yeah I love there doom metal stuff.. The silent enigma is a great album.. Sometimes it's hard for me to get past the production, but the music is great.

My go to Anathema album is "A fine Day to Exit" That is there masterpiece in my opinion.

I need to expand my Anathema discography.

Awesome! Yes, the Silent Enigma is an amazing album. I've been listening to the Pentecost III and Crestfallen EPs as of late.

Just discovered the band Klone from France... They remind me of a combo of Gojira and Karnivool..

Really liking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to Paysage D'hiver now. I've been a pretty big fan of them (well it's actually only 1 guy) since I discovered them this past winter. I can't think of another band that plays cold, raw black metal this well and can create such a surreal atmosphere. This music definitely sucks you in.