What are you listening to?

Phil may be a huge douchebag, or completely drug addled...

But the man is an insanely good musician.

Howso? Down was pretty gay, so was Superjoint Ritual.
He just had a decent voice, which he ruined with heroin, so now he has a decent rough voice.

Birth and Death of the Day - Explosions in the Sky

He just had a decent voice, which he ruined with heroin, so now he has a decent rough voice.

Birth and Death of the Day - Explosions in the Sky

I like Down. Not a huge fan, but I think they're quite good. Didn't like Superjoint Ritual.

Recently I listened to some of the acoustic stuff he did for his ex-wife's album or whatever, and felt it showed him to be really versatile. He did fuck up his voice though. I remember back when he could really belt out those falsettos like Halford. Of course, that was all the way back in Power Metal/CFH era. But as good of a musician he may or may not be, he's still a total douchebag from what I can tell. And he's definitely squandered a ton of whatever talent/skill he has/had.

Explosions in the Sky are great. Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean is one of my favorite tracks from them.

Down is awesome tbh.

And IMO, he's one of the greatest clean vocalists I've heard. He's merely alright nowadays, but the stuff he's recorded in the past has been pretty much consistently awesome.

Out of Reach - Funeral for a Friend

ooh now it's
Sacrafice for the Slaughter God - Skeletonwitch