What are you using for stereo room mics?

Studio Projects B1 are awesome for a LDC room pair IMO. Also great for a lot of other uses as well!

at4040's are super all around mics, i havent been able to make them sound bad anywhere. Honestly I also really like dynamic mics a lot of the time as I'm rolling most highs out anyways I find the mid range on dynamics pleasing.

Last edited:
^ Oh I forgot these mics... How do they sound really? What mic pre do you use with them? REALLY curious... $35 is damn cheap.

They're hard to beat for the price !
Bought them a few years ago, when the € was still high, so 70$ - 5% discount + 10$ shipping = around 58€ for a pair.

I don't record drums everyday, I only used it a couple of times on stereo room mics and for stereo guitar room tracks.
Will post audio clips if someone is interested.

I use them mainly with Presonus Digimax D8 pres. I have better options (Fireface400 pres and Portico 5012) but I have other mics on these when I record drums.
Might be interesting to try these mics on the Portico 5012.

Anyway, these mics are great and super handy, they're also very small (you can carry them on your pocket) and sounds great.
Also, bands are always curious and amazed about the look of these :D

Last edited:
Well, I heard some Red12 demos online and they seem to sound very good! Just bought 2 ahah! Got them for 69€, still cheap. Can't wait to try them! Merci mec pour la piqûre de rappel :)

TRUIE, thanks for the suggestion. I've been needing an omni directional mic so these are very intriguing. I'm picking up a stereo pair!

Well, I heard some Red12 demos online and they seem to sound very good! Just bought 2 ahah! Got them for 69€, still cheap. Can't wait to try them! Merci mec pour la piqûre de rappel :)

Let me know what your initial impression is!

@Heabow : ahah pas de quoi ;)

@Pursuance : when I saw your thread about "cheap condensers" and "room mics", I immediately thought about the Red12.
Hope you'll be OK with yours ; but considering the nice quality/price ratio, I'm sure you will :)

After watching Glenn's video on room mics, I'm actually looking at those Apex 210 ribbon mics. I love the sound he gets out of them and combined with his whole drum kit.

Hope you'll be OK with yours ; but considering the nice quality/price ratio, I'm sure you will :)

I can't wait to get mine in, they will definitely find use.

After watching Glenn's video on room mics, I'm actually looking at those Apex 210 ribbon mics. I love the sound he gets out of them and combined with his whole drum kit.

I just watched this video yesterday and can say I'll be looking to pick up a pair of those eventually as well.