What are your plans for 2014?

Yain

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel.
Hi everyone. Happy new year again! I'm curious to know what you've got planned for this year? What do you plan to do or achieve in general?

Personally, here's some things I plan to do/achieve this year:

- Focus on an instrument and learn to play it well(still unsure which instrument Im most interested in)
- Lose some weight and eat less junk food in general
- Begin studying something(still unsure what)
- Continue writing my new blog
- Get to listen to all of the awesome albums that would be released this year

Feel free to share your plans here too

I've finally achieved an ambition of the past few years - I'm finally moving from Germany back to the UK :) I start a new job in London in 11 days and I cannot wait :D

So...

- progress with my new job
- continue the weightloss and get my arse back to the gym
- continue travelling and see the world

Doesn't look like I'll be returning to finish my last semester for my degree this spring which is driving me batty but I don't really care anymore because I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I even want to do with my life. As a result, my goals for the year:

- try to figure out just what the hell I want to do
- determine if/when I want to return to school, thanks to our lovely economy and my financial situation
- keep working, maybe find a new job
- get my own place (this will probably keep me from going to school for a while... whatever)
- hopefully get the desire to play music again
- continue working out, stop eating fast food entirely, hopefully have a six pack during summer

Kind of in the dumps right now because of the school situation, but other than that I'm fine, so we'll see what this year brings. Positive attitudes! EDIT: HAH! Got some positive words this morning from a good man. Feeling a bit chipper now :)

Welcome back to the UK Dom! Hope the new job goes well for you dude :) Have to see about catching up at a show in London during the year matey! Royal Hunt in March perhaps?

Michael.....stick with it fella....your musical mojo will return without doubt :)

As for me......starting to get the touring plans together for Eden's Curse which we will be announcing shortly, getting my writing hat back on (it's been a while), firming up some future plans for 2015 and 2016 (!), hopefully buying a new house....along with working like a Trojan in my day job as per usual :)

Keep on it Mr Nippleson, have every faith in you - power to you brother :headbang:

Cheers Steve! Really nice of you! For sure I'm going to be on top of every gig London throws at me ;) Will catch you at Royal Hunt I'm sure :kickass:

Good luck with your new job Dom, and you seem lucky to be able to move to the UK like that. I would if I could, who knows what the future will bring for me. I know some friends here in Israel who moved from Israel to the UK and then came back here after only about a week because things didnt work out for them in London there. I wonder why, because Ive heard the UK has some really good quality of life there. Maybe its the amount of immigrants that affects this, or because London is expensive as hell. Not really sure

Also good luck Michael with figuring out what to do with your life. Hopefully you'll get the urge to play music again, I already have the urge, just dont know what instrument I want to focus on

And good luck Steve with the eden's curse tour. Hope things will go well for you!

Yeah, London is very expensive and jobs are in demand at the moment. Perhaps they were thinking it may be the "American Dream" situation when in reality things are not quite that simple.

My most important goal this year is to start studying something. I am thinking about a few different things, but I really feel I must do it; a good education opens up so many possibilities.

Cheers.

Yes London is extremely expensive. Couldn't say about the immigration as an ex-pat returning home. I guess it's very difficult to move to the UK these days (despite what the Daily Fail might say).

So its true, thanks for telling me. To be honest, it seems like any place in general with large population tends to be expensive. Thats why if I'd move somewhere someday, it would be a cheap place with a small population. Dunno what about everyone else, but the modern stuff lately are really taking away all the natural stuff that used to be much more prevalent in the past