What bands do we want to play at Headway 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as hawk + PoS, Freak Kitchen and Loch Vostok again :)

And Sun Caged of course hehe, hm oh wait you want bands that didn't play the 2003 one too?
Err maybe Porcupine Tree, Devin Townsend, Adagio?

I can't really think of a lot now, might be the time...

Morgana-X was a big surprise so I wouldn't mind more jewels like that.

What about ACT (SWE), Virtuocity (F) or Madsword (I)?

on another note Arjen could do an acoustic set... I'll do it with him no prob ;-)

RogueM said:
Morgana-X was a big surprise so I wouldn't mind more jewels like that.

What about ACT (SWE), Virtuocity (F) or Madsword (I)?

on another note Arjen could do an acoustic set... I'll do it with him no prob ;-)

Yes!!! A.C.T how could I forget them! I would love to see this band live. Thanks for that one.

Hey guys! some of you might know me from the Jp forum.. .i just thought i would drop in my 2 cents over which bands i think should play! Sure some of this is going to be very selfish as i am sure everyone wants to see their OWN favorite bands but i will try to be as subjective as i can, in the hope of actually helping you make your decision... afterall last year was awesome, shame i only got to see the 2nd day though, so i missed freak kitchen amongst others!

Pain of Salvation - personally they are one of my favorite bands, and i am sure they are to a great many people, excellent band to have, especially as headliners. i am certain they draw a big crowd, i came all the way from england, with 3 others just to see them, the other bands that player were really a bonus... Plus there are rumours flying around of a new album end of this year/beginning of the next, so i am sure they will wish to tour to promote it.

Bumblefoot - was awesome, seriously lighthearted, great performer, had loads of people in stiches, def try and get him back :) Get him to do a clinic if you can ;)

Andromeda - another band doing well at the moment, new album out, II = I with new singer, from what i gather they dont tour too much, or anywhere near here anyway... would be cool to see them there.. they are amazing musicians, especially their guitarist! lot of followers too, especialy with his recent online columns... Clinic would be great too!

Sahara Dust/Epica - One of the other highlights for me last year... plus they have just released their new album, urr hehe i like them and would like to see them... (sorry selfish post :))

Freak Kitchen are stunningly good... and HAVE to play again ;)

Devin Townsend would be absolutely epic, but maybe asking a bit too much? Dont think he has done anything recently?

Spiral Architect?

Sun Caged or course, were excellent last time ;)

Heh, i realise that there are a few bands that obviously played last time, but they were so good, i dont think anyone would really mind seeing them again... Good luck with it all, hope i might have helped you in some way...

Oh yeah get PoS please.... :)

edit : whoopsy how could i forget Dan Swano! that guy is the man, so talented... would be absoutely awesome to see him! The guy is a genius, covers so many styles so well! Yeah he gets my vote too!

What about theese artists?

Bumblefoot. You just have to book him for the festival. A clinic with Mr. Foot would be cool too! He is the greatest guitarist alive!!

Freak Kitchen. Swedens best band!

Symphony X. They´re just great!!

Sun caged. You guys must play! You rule!

Pain of salvation. Maybe another headline with theese dudes?

Hiya

Going by your criteria how about these?

DGM - Their new album Hidden Place is superb and they apparantly went down well at the Gods of Metal. Pretty much restricted to Italy so far - would be good to get over this side of Europe.

Balance of Power - please try again!!!

Power of Omens - Like Zero Hour they deserve some exposure - would be great to see how they play their stuff live.

All Too Human - One for Queensryche fans - like Power of Omens deserve some exposure over here - would be keen to come as well.

Tad Morose - bit more power metal nowadays but their set at sweden rock was a good mix of old and new and they put on a blinding show - very well received!

Sylvan - superb album last year that should have got them a deal - very good live band - saw them in the UK.

Lanfear - a bit of progressive power metal for a bit of variety??

Over Us Eden - great female vocals and very adventurous musicianship

Grand Illusion - Not an obvious choice but they put on a very good performance at The Gods Festival recently - much heavier live than on album.

Possible headliners? - Enchant (a headline show instead of Spocks support) ARK (even without Jorn!!) Royal Hunt (stunning show in the Uk a couple of months ago).

Return visits? MorganaX deserve a second showing especially if they have an album out by then!

Whatever - I'm sure it'll be a great weekend again.

Dennis you're up against an almost unsolvable equation here so I thought I'd try to help by coming up with an scientific way to guide us all with suggestions to the wisdom of the Gods... Here's a list of the band's to avoid:

A.C.T. (sweden, PP 2002)
After Forever (the netherlands, PP 2000, PP2002)
Anathema (uk, PP 2001)
Andromeda (sweden, PP 2001, PP 2003)
Anarchy X (Italy, PP 2003)
Anomaly (the netherlands, PP 2001)
Arabesque (the netherlands, PP 2000, PP 2002)
Ashes To Ashes (norway, PP 2002)
At Vance (Germany, PP 2003)
Atmosfear (the nederlands, HW 2003)
Bumblefoot (usa, HW 2003)
Carthago (?, HW 2003)
Chromeshift (Danemark, PP 2003)
Dead Soul Tribe (austria, PP 2002)
Day Six (?, HW2003)
Divided Multitude (norway, PP 2002)
Elegy (the nederlands, PP 2003)
Evergrey (sweden, PP 1999, PP 2000, PP 2003)
Forever Times (the netherlands, PP 1999)
Freak Kitchen (Sweden, HW 2003)
Green Carnation (Norway, PP 2003)
Heaven's Cry (canada, PP 2002)
Into Eternity (canada, PP 2001)
Lemur Voice (the netherlands, PP 1999)
Loch Vostoch (Sweden, HW 2003)
Manticora (denmark, PP 2000)
Mayadome (sweden, PP 1999)
Morgana-X (the nederlands, HW 2003)
Nightingale (Sweden, PP2003)
November (Italy, PP 2003)
Opeth (sweden, PP 2000)
Pagan's Mind (Norway, PP 2003)
Pain Of Salvation (sweden, PP 1999, PP 2001, HW 2003)
Poverty's No Crime (germany, PP 1999, PP 2001)
Prototype (usa, HW 2003)
Silent Edge (the netherlands, PP 2001)
Sonic Debris (norway, PP 2000)
Spiral Architect (norway, PP 2000)
Stonehenge (hungary, PP 2002)
Sahara Dust (the nederlands, HW 2003)
Sun Caged (the netherlands, PP 2002, HW 2003)
Superior (germany, PP 1999, PP 2001)
Symmetry (the netherlands, PP 1999, PP 2003)
Threshold (uk, PP 1999, PP 2002)
Vandenplas (germany, PP 2001, PP 2003)
Wolverine (sweden, PP 1999, PP 2001)
Xystus (the nederlands, PP 2003)
Zero Hour (usa, PP 2000, HW 2003)

Studying further this list it strikes me that bands starting with A and S are absolutely out of the question as statistically they would have high odds to have played in the Nederlands in the recent times... That means no SymX or Ark sorry about that.

On the other hand J, K, Q, R, U and Y bands are good candidates as they are not very popular (nor populated) with dutch organisers apparently (based on this non representative sample).

Since Judas Priest, Kiss, Queensryche, Rush, UFO and Y&T are all to be excluded for one reason or another here are my choices after checking the BRN pages and other online resources:

J - Jag Panzer (great band)
K - Kamelot (I'd prefer Khan's Konception though)
Q- Quiet Room (especially if they ask their original singer to do the gig)
R - Radakka (or Reading Zero if Radakka has split up, not sure)
U - UDO (I'd take any other but hey there might be a reason no -U- band has played NL lately!)
Y - Yearning (no idea what they're like but I like their CD covers)

well that'd be my take then.

Oh btw did I mention that the program on TV my girlfriend is watching is BOOOORING ;-)

Rogue

RogueM said:
J - Jag Panzer (great band)
K - Kamelot (I'd prefer Khan's Konception though)

Rogue

Mmm Jag Panzer would be very cool. I'd love to see them indoors. The last few years they only played outdoor festivals.

As for Conception? Well wadda ya know, there back together again. And willing to play some gigs in 2004. So Dennis, what are you waiting for? :D

I suggest the following bands for Headway 2004:

DGM from Italy
Tomorrow's Eve from Germany (outstanding new album)
Power Of Omens from USA
Redemption from USA
Elsesphere from Sweden
Labyrinth from Italy
Secret Sphere from Italy
Time Requiem from Sweden
Adagio from France
Fairyland from Spain/France
Moonlight Agony from Sweden
Persefone from Andorra

Just book Symphony X as a headliner :D Theyre more prog than power i think :) They have played in Holland a couple of times but so has Pain of Salvation. And you'll get many people at the festival if you have a well known band as a headliner. Because when i read the list of Roguem i don't think there are so many bands left that haven't played in Holland:)

Status
Not open for further replies.