What bands do we want to play at Headway 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with Anneke, Textures would be a good choice :cool:
I received their album yesterday, and it's just great !!!

And for SymphonyX, that would be great to ! I'm not a huge fan of their albums, but they're very good live !

By the way, I just thinked about a really great band : Kalisia.
It's a french band that have released a 4 songs demo some years ago, and it's very interesting. They are working on a concept album for some years, but they still haven't managed to record it for the moment...
Their music is a mix between progressive and death metal, really excellent !
Their demo is available for download on their website : http://www.kalisia.com/

Well Dennis sounds like you're setting yourself a difficult task there:)

I'd certainly second some of Andy (Redread's ) suggestions and Henk's suggestion of Stride - they blew me away too in Atlanta this year.

Definately go for Adagio - they'll have finished their february tour by then, so they should be battle-hardened enough for Headway. Kalisa would be a good one to try too - if they exist in any form other than as a studio-project, right now.

Also what about?
Extol (Norway),
Secret Sphere (IT) - they may have not hit the heights in Atlanta, but they're worth another try
Anekdoten (SWE)
John Arch (USA)
or maybe even
The Darkness (UK)

:)

Could you get Theory in Practice to play on Headway? They were supposed to play on PP last year but they couldn't make it because their tourbus broke in Germany. It was the only band that made PP worth visiting that year so that was kinda sad (although Sun Caged kinda saved my day, thanks!). It's a shame that heavier bands are usually being ignored on "prog" festivals. There are many heavy bands that are much more progressive than what you usually hear on those festivals. "Let's put a 15 sec break here and then immitate dream theater again". Yeah, I'm sure that'll make it catchy as hell, and it's getting boring too. Or what about Martyr? Not the dutch one of course. If you don't know them yet, it's about time you get to know them, http://pages.infinit.net/martyr/. Or if you want a real mind crusher, go book Necrophagist. They're german, they're heavy and they're pretty damn technical. Check them out at www.necrophagist.de. They could even make it by bike if you can't afford paying travelling expenses I guess since they live right next door. Kidding. I suppose you can't get Meshuggah to play there eh? That'd be killer. Hmm oh well. What about Haji's Kitchen? They rule! Man, it'd be a trip seeing those guys live. If the drummer of Gorguts didn't kill himself you could have asked them too. At least they were actually progressive. What about Sceptic, btw? They're kind of a Death clone, but they do it really well, heh. Uh oh! Book Alarum. They rule. Or what about Threnody? My dutch heroes. Man, I could go on for hours. If you'd book one of the bands I mentioned, I'd be a happy little dude. If not - oh well, I'm pretty sure your festival will rule anyway. Just don't forget to add heaviness!

Yeah Martyr would be a great choice !!! I think they have never played in Europe, but they're really good !
And about Kalisia, they had lots of problems recording their album (it is not finished yet I think, but some parts have already been recorded...). Hope this album will be available one day, I am waiting for it for so many years...

Hello everyone,

some suggestions :

- tomorrow's eve (german band i believe, like dream theater, very good)
- redemption (usa)
- arena (i am suprised they were never on progpower)
- threshold
- pendragon
- the gathering
- fates warning (would be awesome)

It would be great to see some of those bands appear.

Havermout said:
I was pretty much surprised by the band Stride (California - USA) at the PP preparty in Atlanta last week.

their first album is an instrumental one, they now have a singer who joined the band a few months back.

they really do deserve a spot at a festival instead of a preparty.

Henk

www.strideonline.com
Yo Henk, Stride is based out of Texas, I wish they were a California band :loco:

Bear

There is a band out of finalnd called Twilightning that is kicking my ass all over the place right now, you should check those guys out!!

I am seriously thinking of trying to come over for this next one, I got to see if I can swing it.

Bear

Bear said:
Yo Henk, Stride is based out of Texas, I wish they were a California band :loco:

Bear

Yo Bear! :)

I happened to talk to them after their gig and they told me they drove more than a day from California to get to Atlanta and would drive back the other day, so that made me think they're from Cali, but then again i guess you'd know best....as always....hehehehe ;)

yeah, it would be great if you could make the trip to next years festival man.

Redelijk said:
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy? LOL

This band broke up in 1998...!

D.

Haha I know D. ;) But would be cool though...
Just like a Forbidden-reunion. I assume you've had the mail 'bout that... Maybe a possibility................................................? :Spin:

Emi > AGHORA! I would agree ;)

grtz!

Frank

I was at Forbiddens last show at Thrash of the Titans in SF a few years ago. Talked to Russ and Tim Calvert backstage, Forbidden as we knew it, will never play again from what both of them said. Sucks ass they are one of my favorites.

Bear

I haven´t been here a while and I guess it´s also way too late, but I post my suggestions anyway.
I would love to see bands like Screaming Headless Torsos, Vital Tech Tones or Tribal Tech. Of course, these bands are not really metal acts, but their fusion sound is very progressive and they are very original.
anyway, I hope that there will be an interesting lineup. just one thing, did I understand that right, that at the upcoming headwayfestival will be no bands, that played at the last festival? I would love to see bumblefoot or/and freak kitchen again!

Status
Not open for further replies.