What Can Two Dead Men Teach Audio Engineers About Efficiency?

brianhood

No Care Ever
Hey guys!

I have this nasty habit of writing unnecessarily detailed articles about how I think you should run your recording studio.

Hopefully this helps some of you guys out, and if not, just tell me how much you hated the article.

http://blog.456recordings.com/what-two-dead-men-teach-audio-engineers-about-efficiency

If you have any suggestions for improvements, please do share. I'm aware the mobile version is fucked up for some people, and I'm working on it.

Excellent stuff.
I am on your mailing list,and yes,I do remember who you are :)
just because there are few blogs talking about business side of things in such a straightforward no-nonsense way.
Cheers

Why not turn this into a scalable business then? Using your creativity time to also make and kemper packs, drum samples, even amp sims, etc for sale.

80% of your problems will be caused by bands who asked for a 20% discount because they "don't have too much money right now"

Thanks for the kind words guys!

How often do people fuck up the file organization and have to pay you extra? I'm betting it's often.

I actually mentioned it in the article, but ever since I added the line that said
"If the files are not sent in the way I’ve laid out above, there will be additional charges added to your remaining balance."
I've only had a couple of bands fuck up the file organization, both of which fixed it and resent it to me before I started mixing. It truly has been a glorious change haha.