What did you want to be as a child?

how do you call it: someone who bakes pies and bread and stuff?:Smug:
That's what I wanted to be as a kid

As a teen I wanted to be a social worker

now; I am a social worker, an wished I was making bread.

Charlotte1977 said:
how do you call it: someone who bakes pies and bread and stuff?:Smug:
That's what I wanted to be as a kid

As a teen I wanted to be a social worker

now; I am a social worker, an wished I was making bread.

A baker ?

yfronts.jpg
Diabolik.jpg

8533289_F_tn.jpg

bizarrely enough i wanted to be a red indian , i was obsessed by haiwatha after i saw the illustrations for the song of haiwatha in a book . I had a haiwatha suit that i never took off at home and spent all my time in a kids wigwam. figure that out

then i wanted to be executed for my country like patrick pearse :/

Bastet said:
yeah, so did i! untill i grew up and realised it was not really a profession :)
neither is patriotic matyrdom but it didnt stop me, i was never motived by financial gain as a kid :lol:

"I have squandered the splendid years that the Lord God gave to my youth
In attempting impossible things, deeming them alone worth the toil"
:D

I wanted to be an archaeologist or paleontologist... the "ologist" ist still there but somehow I ended up being an biologist. Can´t change it anymore...:yell:

as a kid, a vet as well
as a teen, i couldnt care less (musician)
now i'm going for anything that has to do with image and sound (films, docs, clips, stuff)

i love to be surrounded by nature, cos i grew up in the rural area, and i wanna go back but there's no opportunities there :yell:

question: is there anyone here who grew up outside the city (rural area) and lives in the city now? what do you see the biggest differences are in attitude or in effect on you?
i feel ppl downtown are far more into pleasing their own needs first,
great deal of individuality which is great for growing personally, but no-one seems to want to deal with another anymore overhere...
plus the fact that everything that compensates the lack of 'nature' in the city life feels artificial.

for me its merely trying to find where the good bits bundle up to get myself in the right frame of mind.

As a kid I wanted to be a captain of a big ship or an astro physician, later as a teenager I wanted to be a writer or photographer... :) Now I'm an online editor and in my free time a photographer, so its not so far from what I wanted to be ;)

toolsofthetrade said:
question: is there anyone here who grew up outside the city (rural area) and lives in the city now? what do you see the biggest differences are in attitude or in effect on you?
i feel ppl downtown are far more into pleasing their own needs first,
great deal of individuality which is great for growing personally, but no-one seems to want to deal with another anymore overhere...
plus the fact that everything that compensates the lack of 'nature' in the city life feels artificial.

for me its merely trying to find where the good bits bundle up to get myself in the right frame of mind.
I did the opposite thing. Grew up in Liverpool, which became a horrible hostile city, then moved to a small town, then moved into the countryside a mile or so from a town. I'm only an hour from Dublin though, so I can get a dose of cityness when needs be. I think the trick is, wherever you are, to get out and see other places once in while to keep it all in perspective. Thats the problem with Liverpool, too many people have got this superiority thing going on, that anything different than them is weird and inferior. Ignorance like.

DragonLady1 said:
As a kid I wanted to be a captain of a big ship or an astro physician, later as a teenager I wanted to be a writer or photographer... :) Now I'm an online editor and in my free time a photographer, so its not so far from what I wanted to be ;)
nice one :)
i've always wondered why i do the study i do - i do love it, but theres no significant reason to it. never thought i'd do something creative...

Strangelight said:
too many people have got this superiority thing going on, that anything different than them is weird and inferior. Ignorance like.
thats the strangest thing, cos ppl in a world port city would be regarded as influenced by many different things, u'd assume they'd be less narrow-minded opposed to what u say.. how many ppl live in Liverpool?
i think sometimes the size of a city - the amount of inhabitants makes one scared of expression, since there's no obvious direction to choose from.
on the other hand, anonimity should release you to doing exactly what you wish to be/do...

toolsofthetrade said:
question: is there anyone here who grew up outside the city (rural area) and lives in the city now?
well i'm studying/living for 5 years in gent city now. i feel more 'home' than at my parents house, in zemst, which is somehow rural. i like the peace in the rural areas, but somehow i think the attitude is more narrow minded there. i wasn't really an outcast in a way that i bothered (in youth movement girls were quite different from me), but i found people with who i feel comfortable with in cities. i like the city because at this moment i need many people around me, so that's quite nice now... most of those people are coming from outside the city too though...
but i dunno what to do next year, when i graduate... we'll see.