What do EOs fans think of 'nothing but death remains'

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
I think it's a good oldschool death metal album. Not as good as Unorthodox which is probably what the band wanted to originally do.

Haven't heard the album in years, but I wasn't too big on it. I remember Dan's vocals sounding great, but the production was bad, one of the worst drum sounds ever put to tape, and none of the tunes really jumped out at me. Still wouldn't mind giving it another listen, though, but I Ebayed my copy ages ago. :(

Mosquito said:
I love Nothing But Death Remains.... I like the rawer feel of it as opposed to the later albums. Each album has something that makes it stand out and be great, even Infernal.

I just got Infernal and its awesome dont see why it has been so dissmissed by some people.

It was the album I started to be into Death Metal. It was awesome for me then. Nowadays I don't listen very often to it, but still I like it a lot. At least it was good enough to make me curious about Unorthodox and The Spectral Sorrows. Sure the sound is terrible, but still there are some tracks that I really like.

I think it's a solid album with a nice raw old school feel to it.
Tales... and The Dead are my favorites on it. The only thing that slightly bothers me is the volume changes in some of the songs.

Infernal is great. It's not quite an album on the level of their other stuff, it lacks the cohesiveness that makes Crimson so great to me, but it has some great songs despite that. It boasts some silly titles too...Damned (by the damned), Hell is Where the Heart is, Forever Together Forever, The Last Song. It's bit disjointed and silly, but there is a lot of good stuff on it. 15:36 and Forever Together Forever are two favorites of mine, as well as the Last Song.

Nothing But Death Remains is cool, it just isn't as...important as the other albums. It's solid but not outstanding. So naturally it doesn't get the attention it might if it had been released by a band that didn't have a number of excellent releases overshadowing it.

The listening formula for Infernal is easy: The odd numbered tracks rule ass and the even numbered tracks suck ass. =)

As for "Nothing but death...." it's probably the only Dan CD I don't own. I downloaded 2 mp3's off of it, and the production sounded pretty poor, I never did buy it. Maybe someday.......

Edit: My formula only applies to the first half of the disc. Oops. Hehe. The three sucky tracks are: 2,4, and 6. Helter Skelter, Bleakness of it All, and Forever Together Forever, respectively. The rest of the album rocks, including tracks 8 and 10, Hollow and Burn the Sun. \m/

Nonsense! Those tracks are great. The Bleakness of it All is one of Axelsson and Larsson's best later period songs, and Forever Together Forever has some of the best riffs on the album and is one of the its strongest and most memorable songs.

AceRoccola said:
Nonsense! Those tracks are great. The Bleakness of it All is one of Axelsson and Larsson's best later period songs, and Forever Together Forever has some of the best riffs on the album and is one of the its strongest and most memorable songs.

No.

:tickled: