Guitar tone on Unorthodox.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
This is for Dan or anyone. I really like the guitar sound on Unorthodox and curious the set up. Unorthdox resembles the sunlight guitar sound alittle regardless the album not being recorded at 'sunlight', this album is one of those oldschool death metal cds where I think to myself how cool the guitar's sound.

Ok guys here you go. Get a HM2 pedal and turn the bass and treble all the way up. Set the level and distortion at 12 o'clock. If you play out of a Marshall, as I do, then you need the following settings.

Presence 10
Bass 10
Mid 0
Treble 10
Master Volume 10
Gain 0
Pre Amp 2-3

It's going to rip, so be careful.

What a good thread!

Does anyone know if there is a special setting/effect for the bass to get that "Swedish" sound.

By the way I used to post on the NOVEMBRE forum before it was closed a few months ago.

Greetings to you all!

yeah, novembre closed the forum down, idiots!!! i still don't know why... nostalgiaplatz was really mad at first too but now he is emailing with them again. they are preparing to make a new album now.

yeah, novembre closed the forum down, idiots!!! i still don't know why... nostalgiaplatz was really mad at first too but now he is emailing with them again. they are preparing to make a new album now.

ahah, they close it due to the guy who compared novembre with los temerarios. But in fact, lets get back to the original thread here, ok?

So, I attempted what you said with a Boss MT-2 and a crappy old Gorilla amp and it seemed to work out pretty well. It obviously didn't sound exactly the same, but it was as dead on as I could get. By the way, I'm new here :).