"A curfew for the damned" by EoS vs. "Cold" by ATG

Charlie E.

Jan 2, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Ok so I hadn't listened to Unorthodox in a long time but I recently had this urge to listen to some old school death and I couldn't help but notice that there is a riff on "A curfew for the damned" that's practically identical to the chorus of "Cold" by ATG which incidentally is one of my favourite ATG song haha.
I always thought ATG kinda "borrowed" their fast beats and their guitar sound from the originals :worship: but I totally missed out on this (practically) direct quote! I feel like singing "I feel my soul go cold! Only the dead are smiling!" when the song is finishing :) Check it out! It even has the leading tone that they like to use.

Ok so I hadn't listened to Unorthodox in a long time but I recently had this urge to listen to some old school death and I couldn't help but notice that there is a riff on "A curfew for the damned" that's practically identical to the chorus of "Cold" by ATG which incidentally is one of my favourite ATG song haha.
I always thought ATG kinda "borrowed" their fast beats and their guitar sound from the originals :worship: but I totally missed out on this (practically) direct quote! I feel like singing "I feel my soul go cold! Only the dead are smiling!" when the song is finishing :) Check it out! It even has the leading tone that they like to use.

Took me a while to figure out that you meant At the Gates... man those guys have been broken up for a while now. Whatever happened to their singer? I know the remnants are a pseudo Mtv band called the Haunted (their debut album is very good though...).