What do you guys think about this?

Dtabs85

Liquid Studios
Nov 1, 2013
www.facebook.com
Check out this EP I Recorded/Mixed/Mastered for a local band. We recorded the whole EP in their rehearsal space so conditions were less than ideal. No amp VSTs or sims were used and the only samples used for drums were the kick was fully replaced and the snare is a 50/50 blend. All things considered I think it turned out alright. Looking for any feedback and will answer any questions you guys may have.

Name of the band is Carve Your Niche and the EP is entitled "Solidarity"
http://carveyourniche.bandcamp.com/album/solidarity

Unfortunately at this point what's done is done. In retrospect I agree I don't love the guitar sound. Guitar sounded killer in the room and when I recorded some test tracks to test the mic position it was sounding tight and had a nice crunch. We tracked all of the guitars in one day. After mixing it, I felt the guitars sounded kind of dull and probably could have used a little more gain, but we weren't going to be able to rerecord the guitars at that point. That's the one downside to not using a DI track, you're stuck with what you got.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Good song writing here, but, yea - production could have been better. I'm going to record a band this afternoon, and I'm going to make sure I get DIs on everything DIable.