What do you think about this mix guys? (Metalcore Production)

Widekmusic

Apr 18, 2009
Poland
Hi!

Here is the young polish band i'm mixing and recording right now:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4703635/Hold Back The Day - The Darkness That Fades Away.mp3

What do you think about the mix ?

Guitars: Lepou Legion + GuitarHack impulses
Drums: Steven Slate
Bass: real bassist ;)

The band will release the EP in early October, so i need your ear guys! :)
Cheers!

If you can guys - please help me with my new facebook site ( i need 25 likes to have only "WidekRecords" in the link section)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Widek-Records/135261289882136

Really awesome sounding. What processing did you use on guitars, and which of GH's impulses did you use?

some moar dist on that bass guitar to make it cut, and that lead needs to be more prominent, try boosting mids around 1-2khz and adding some delay.

awesome, Widek. Big fan of your work. info on guitar chain? which guitarhack did you use with legion? also, how did you eq them?

the leads can stick out a tad more. awesome, though

really cool mix! band are tight as fuck too which is great. i definitely agree with the bass needing to cut through in the mix a little more. did you use a TS in the guitar chain? would definitely like to know more on guitar eq and which IR was used. also, would you care to share info on the steve slate drum selection??

Leads could indeed be a bit louder. And maybe the vocals too, during the clean part. Everything else sounds cool to my ears.

Pretty cool overall. The mix sounds a bit scooped in the mids / upper mid region in general. The subs as well as the mid to upper bass area could use some tightening up IMO. The snare has nice punch but doesn't cut all the time. I would automate the quiet part down so you get some more impact when everything kicks in again. Vocals have some harsh frequencies on the high screams. I like the sharpness and definition you have going on in the rhythm guitar tone.

Thanks for your opinions guys !

really cool mix! band are tight as fuck too which is great. i definitely agree with the bass needing to cut through in the mix a little more. did you use a TS in the guitar chain? would definitely like to know more on guitar eq and which IR was used. also, would you care to share info on the steve slate drum selection??

awesome, Widek. Big fan of your work. info on guitar chain? which guitarhack did you use with legion? also, how did you eq them?

the leads can stick out a tad more. awesome, though

Thanks guys! This is my guitar chain in this song:

(all dll in revalver mk3.5)

SH1-B Noise Gate
TS-999 1.0 by Ignite
Lepou Legion
GuitarHack Impulses (Angled -10 on the left and Edge 45 on the right)
C-Verb (7%)
No eq! :)

Cool mix ! the lead vox need a couple dBs

btw,wich Slate kit is this ?

It's mixed Slate kits (snare 10 + 20a + 11a / MetalDreamKit Kick + Tommy Kick/ I forgot to mention that all the cymbals are from the Superior 2.0)

If you can guys - please help me with my new facebook site ( i need 25 likes to have only "WidekRecords" in the link section)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Widek-Records/135261289882136

Thanks
Cheers!