Sludge Mix, what do you think??

vehy

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2011
Hey,

I'm new to this forum (and also to mixing/recording) but I already learnt a lot from it. Here's my last mix. The vocals are missing for now, the singer is abroad.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26117213/4new3.mp3

I used my baritone guitar tuned in G direct to my soundcard and lepou Legion and impulses. Bass is the same guitar but with a microPOG in front of the soundcard. I do have a bass but I gave up on using it with such tuning.

Help would be appreciated a lot :)

Thanks!

Now that i'm giving it a second listening, I think the guitars really lack presence compared to other stuff I can A/B it with....

Do you have any tips on how I could fix that?

Sounds to djenty to be sludge imo.

Maybe something a bit more Armed for the Apocalypse would suit these guys better if they really wanna be sludge?

I mean, THIS is sludge haha

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah right, not totally the same sound :D

Normally we should record using (really) big amps soon. I have a thunderverb200 for guitars and a peavey Classic 400 for bass. But I wanted to try it using amps sims.

BTW I'm really digging the guitar sound on the stuff you posted for Herder. Did you use room mics for the guitars?

yeah right, not totally the same sound :D

Normally we should record using (really) big amps soon. I have a thunderverb200 for guitars and a peavey Classic 400 for bass. But I wanted to try it using amps sims.

BTW I'm really digging the guitar sound on the stuff you posted for Herder. Did you use room mics for the guitars?

Pod xt with a les paul and bluebeard fuzz ;)
(im sorry to say actually.. but whatever, came out well, got an original model t coming up for the new recordings :) )

Pod xt with a les paul and bluebeard fuzz

Seriously??
I made a GGG tuned muff once, which is basically the same thing than the bluebeard, but Ive never tried to plug it in my soundcard.