What do you guys think of Doom 3 so far?

I just beat it. The last boss was quite cool, but also really easy and not especially menacing.

I like it a lot too! :)

I thought to be disappointed in this sequel (as with MANY other sequels), but it was a POSITIVE SURPRISE!!!

It's SCARY as HELL too!!! *whoaa* :D

I'm a bit bummed that the scares are pretty cheap throughout the whole game, and there isn't really anything innovative about the game at all. The opportunities for great, inventive scares are definitely there but they didn't take advantage of it. I think it could have been a lot better.

That said, I still think it's a fun game.

It's too dark. My computer is working its ass off to render things I can't even see. How gay.

Although I've not played it for two weeks or so.

Yeah, this game could've been way better if it tried for more psychological scares instead of "boo!" scares. More of those hallucination-y scenes and stuff like the disembodied voice whispering "follow me," and then leading you into an open elevator shaft so you fall to your death. Doom 3 should've taken a page from games like Eternal Darkness or (so I'm told) Silent Hill.

Yeah. Sort of depressing when you think about all the potential the game had.

I don't follow the "it's just Doom what do you expect?? it stays true to the originals" argument either, because Doom 3 couldn't be any more different from the originals. I'm starting to think that people who say that haven't played either game.

Nah, the attraction of Doom 3 isn't Doom 3, it's the engine. I want Doom 3 mods, and I want them now.

The game isn't repititive, it's just like the original Doom,
Shoot and kill, Shoot and kill....
Even if it is, it still pwnz

hypocrisy86 said:
The game isn't repititive, it's just like the original Doom,
Shoot and kill, Shoot and kill....
Even if it is, it still pwnz

And "Shoot and kill, shoot and kill" isn't repetetive how? It's a fun game, but there's no denying that it's repetetive.