What do you prefer to play bloodbath with?

Jinn said:
if you send me that guitar, I'll play it, use it on recordings, and I'll use it live as well.

I have found an American made strat for 500, brand new, at my local shop, and given that most of the strats that people play are custom shopped, they didn't start on custom shops!

Eric Clapton's 'Blackie' was bought in a store, not a custom shop. Hendrix's strat wasn't custom shopped, and neither was John Mayer's. Let's not forget David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, who owns the very first Strat ever made.

The axe doesn't make the pro, the talent does.

Oh!You will go to your european tour with this one? : )

I guess that strat that you are talking about is a Mexican strat.Or that local shop gonna be closed.As a dealer if i want to buy a Fender American Standart Stratocaster i have to pay at least 1500 usd.As a dealer!Not as a customer.
Also you can find Signature models of Stratocaster of Eric Clapton,John Mayer,Yngwie Malmsteen etc...That means that models are custom.

I am not telling you buy a 5000 usd hand made guitar.But with a cheap guitar (for example that one at pic)your solos gonna sound like BANJO. At a band most important thing is Sound.Tone of guitar.For example you can play Pantera with a Squier but it couldnt sound like Dimebag's sharp tone.You will need a good Pickup.Seymour Duncan Dimebucker.

If the talent is a cake.A good axe is the chocolate souce on it.

I think if a bass sounds/feels nice and is functional (stays in tune, correct intonation etc etc) its good enough.

But with that said that stuff (functional and sounding/feeling good) isnt always cheap but then again it isnt always expensive. I paid a fairly mid range price for a high standard bass. I paid about half of what a person here will pay for a farily good guitar. A PRS here is like 5k and i spent 1.3k on my bass.

I will never ever pay over what i think the instrument is worth. PRS's are good but your paying for the name right there.

In my opinion of playing bass, if you want to play good, good gear helps. But you got to remember warmth comes from the left and punch from the right.

dark_Exile said:
Oh!You will go to your european tour with this one? : )

I guess that strat that you are talking about is a Mexican strat.Or that local shop gonna be closed.As a dealer if i want to buy a Fender American Standart Stratocaster i have to pay at least 1500 usd.As a dealer!Not as a customer.
Also you can find Signature models of Stratocaster of Eric Clapton,John Mayer,Yngwie Malmsteen etc...That means that models are custom.

I am not telling you buy a 5000 usd hand made guitar.But with a cheap guitar (for example that one at pic)your solos gonna sound like BANJO. At a band most important thing is Sound.Tone of guitar.For example you can play Pantera with a Squier but it couldnt sound like Dimebag's sharp tone.You will need a good Pickup.Seymour Duncan Dimebucker.

If the talent is a cake.A good axe is the chocolate souce on it.

Sure. Send it on over and I'll play it onstage if I ever tour Europe. Just make sure it's left handed. :)

The local shop I go to deals mainly in vintage and rare guitars, which allows them to sell new guitars for a fraction of the MSRP. They also give lessons and run a repair shop.

Given that you can find signature models of Clapton, Mayer and Yngwie, but the fact is:
Yngwie's signature series model is modeled from his own 70's strat that he bought, then had customized [basically had the neck scalloped... that's it.] Yngwie doesn't get his guitars from the custom shop, he has 70's strats customized. His strats still have the same factory installed pickups. John Mayer's first strat was not a custom shop. His model is different because of his own signature paint job. Eric Clapton's 'Blackie' was bought, then modified. Clapton bought Blackie in the 70's. All three of these musicians started with a standard strat, and two of them modified the neck [Yngwie scalloped his, Clapton had the back reshaped] and one of them got a unique paint job. All three are stratocasters, with the same strat pickups, yet each one has excellent, unique tone.

I've seen my guitarist throw down a Digitech Death Metal Pedal in front of a 15 watt bass amp and play on a piece of shit Kramer, and he played Ozzy's 'Crazy Train' and got the exact [or pretty goddamn close to it] tone that you hear on the album.

You don't need high end parts to achieve perfect tone. if you give a 10 year old the best guitar on the planet, loaded with the best pickups, running through the best amp with the best stompboxes and multifx processers, I guarantee you, he'll sound like shit.

Fleshcrawl said:
Hey guys!

At the link below you will see detailed pics of my mostly used baby, a 7 String RAN Cusom InVader. A real monster when it comes to sound and looks fuckin awesome imho. :headbang:

http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/7StringedInVader.html

fleshcrawl05.jpg

Coole Gitarre!!! Wat haste gelazt???

ey, Jinn, you have no proper recordings displaying the great tone you get out of that Epiphone? All Epi guitars I've played have sucked badly. I've found some cheap-o guitars sounding great, for prices as low as 500$, but I havent played a single epiphone with proper feel'n'sound.

I'm in the middle of recording with my band. We'll have a demo out soon enough and hopefully the tone won't be too bad [we're doing it out of our houses.]