What do you think about Fission?

well, actually i dont consider "Crater" to be a thrash album... i feel the same progressive elements as in other Mr.V's latest works& actually such experiments help me to form my own vision of Vintersorg's ideas

anyway, vocals are Mr.V's favorite instrument :) He's at his best on this album, no matrer who's the concept author, the music has much in comon with Vintersorg indeed

I think it's pretty good considering this was their first album and they did it pretty much all on the computer.... Hopefully the next album will be more analog... Still sounds good though. Vintersorg's melodies are all catchy yet complex in that special 'sorg-ian way...

Definately looking forward to the next album.

Hoever I don't hear the At the Gates likeness.. That probably through alot of people off when they Empty Nimbus.

metaluntildeath said:
I think it's pretty good considering this was their first album and they did it pretty much all on the computer.... Hopefully the next album will be more analog... Still sounds good though. Vintersorg's melodies are all catchy yet complex in that special 'sorg-ian way...

Definately looking forward to the next album.

Hoever I don't hear the At the Gates likeness.. That probably through alot of people off when they Empty Nimbus.

Actually, I am not very impressed. Although I must say that Mr. V's voice sounds better than ever, the music is just plain boring in my ears. And many of the songs sound alike IMHO.
Of course, "Eremiten" is a megahit, and the only one from the album that I made an MP3 out of after buying the record.

:yow:
Draugen said:
Actually, I am not very impressed. Although I must say that Mr. V's voice sounds better than ever, the music is just plain boring in my ears. And many of the songs sound alike IMHO.
Of course, "Eremiten" is a megahit, and the only one from the album that I made an MP3 out of after buying the record.

Draugen said:

It's a case of personal taste...as always, i think it has something unique and fresh, as well as really strong compositions!!

mr V

Vintersorg said:
It's a case of personal taste...as always, i think it has something unique and fresh, as well as really strong compositions!!

mr V

Agree a 100% there. Of course it's a matter of personal taste, and there's obviously many whom like Fission. But it's definitly not my cup of tea. Except for "Eremiten", which I must say, sounds more Vintersorg than the rest of the Fission material.

I actually just bought it, but unfortunelly at the same time as DT's Character, so I haven't listened to it "actively" more than twice. My op's are anyways, as for now, that the record doesn't give me anything new in the genre, but is decent to put on if you plan to drink a couple of nice black, foamy, strengthening, tasty, yummy things! As I do now... :0)

Regarding the singing, I must say that I agree with mr Draug, Andreas, you have really evolved! Sounds awesome! You should do some of that singing to the next (if it isn't allready recorded) album!

-Andreas (now contacting the aforementioned Mr Draug to investigate the possibilities of some mutual beerdrinking!)

Gaunerin said:
haha....oh no, I bet both of you will be hangoverish again :D

Off topic: today...another night filled with lots 'o metal and plenty of beer. Phyros and Mr. Draug in an intoxicated symbiosis...BEWARE!!!

Draugen said:
Off topic: today...another night filled with lots 'o metal and plenty of beer. Phyros and Mr. Draug in an intoxicated symbiosis...BEWARE!!!

hehe...I guess it's time for me to drop by in Gbg again soon :loco: ...I'd take care of you two.....NOT :D

It really stinks living in the US. Finding cds that have anything to do with Vintersorg has become somewhat of an epic quest for me. Of course I can find them online, but I dont have a credit card...therefore I cannot order them! I think ive been in every music store within 100 miles and I still only am able to find Epic and Empiricism, once I came across the visions and focusing blur(I quickly bought them) but that was just pure luck. Then I found a used copy of Odenmarken's Son in a small independent store in philadelphia...and the fact that it was used appauled me...thats a great album, especially the song Trollbunden or however you spell it(a superb instrumental). Maybe its just me but I have this vision of music stores in europe, walls and aisles lined with Vintersorg albums. Curses @#%$%^!

But to get back on topic, I have not heard fission yet, but soon I hopefully will...and it will be a grand experience.

No, in Europe it's not like you think it would be. In stores you really need luck to find other CDs than the last two or three of Vintersorg. But you are right in a way, because a lot of mailorders own the other ones and so you can get them very easy!