Sideprojects...

Blackspirit

there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
What do you guys think of Otyg? Or what about Vintersorg's latest sideproject Havayoth? I'm in love with Otyg...the folksound is just brilliant... I'm still getting used to Havayoth, but Vintersorg's voice is one of the best.

Then... Borknagar... I'm not sure he fits into that band... I really liked it when Simen was "singing"... Vintersorg will bring something new to Borknagar I guess :eek:) I'm looking forward to the next album. Recorded Borknagar live from The Inferno festival with Vintersorg singing... I just can't make up my mind! Hehe.. Do I like it, or not? I guess it wasn't one of his best performances...

Uhm...yeah...

I have to agree Otyg has such an awesome folk sound to it. "Sagovindars Boning" is probably my favorite out of the two albums not as raw sounding. Especially the song "Bäckahästen" the violin adds something to their music, the music would suffer if they didn't have it. The art on the two albums rules as well. They say the new Otyg "Djävulen" will be more proggressive and 70s influenced. Sounds really good to me, can't wait to get my hands on that. Havayoth was probably the hardest thing for me to get into that Vintersorg has done. I guess it was more or less the vocals that I needed to get used too. All you people who haven't heard Otyg though I strongly recommend you to pick up one of their albums, I am VERY sure you will love them.

I have not heard any of his other projects but I have been meaning to for the longest time.

I can't wait for the new Borknagar. I am just dying to hear it.

I think I may like Otyg even better than vintersorg, overall at least. Sagovindars Boning is goddamn incredible, I need to get it back!!! It's eft in Newfoundland... :(

Originally posted by Blackspirit
What do you guys think of Otyg? Or what about Vintersorg's latest sideproject Havayoth? I'm in love with Otyg...the folksound is just brilliant... I'm still getting used to Havayoth, but Vintersorg's voice is one of the best.

Then... Borknagar... I'm not sure he fits into that band... I really liked it when Simen was "singing"... Vintersorg will bring something new to Borknagar I guess :eek:) I'm looking forward to the next album. Recorded Borknagar live from The Inferno festival with Vintersorg singing... I just can't make up my mind! Hehe.. Do I like it, or not? I guess it wasn't one of his best performances...

Uhm...yeah...

:OMG: What are the chances that I could get a copy of that?

Hey Blackspirit,

>Then... Borknagar... I'm not sure he fits into that band... I really liked it when Simen was "singing"... Vintersorg will bring something new to Borknagar I guess :eek:) I'm looking forward to the next album. Recorded Borknagar live from The Inferno festival with Vintersorg singing... I just can't make up my mind! Hehe.. Do I like it, or not? I guess it wasn't one of his best performances...

I would be interested in the live recording too, if the is a chance to get it...
merlin.gif

NovembersDirge & Morgana;

Sure thing.... I'll try to set up an ftp server so you can get to hear Vintersorg with Borknagar as well :eek:) Computers are not my strongest side though... hehe... For fucks sake, I'm a girl!!! hehehe... Anyways... I'll come back to ya with username/pass when (or if!! >:eek:) ) I get the server up and running! :eek:)

Horns up!!

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Sure thing.... I'll try to set up an ftp server so you can get to hear Vintersorg with Borknagar as well :eek:) Computers are not my strongest side though... hehe... For fucks sake, I'm a girl!!! hehehe... Anyways... I'll come back to ya with username/pass when (or if!! >:eek:) ) I get the server up and running! :eek:)

Horns up!!

The other thing you could do is I could trade you for a dumah demo!! :) But that would be fucking awesome!! :devil: where are you guys getting the little deaths and vikings from!?!?

Uhm.... This ftp-server shit might take some time as I'm behind a firewall...
Got to open some ports on our router and stuff like that (which I don't understand how to do).
But I'll BEGGGG my boyfriend to do it >:eek:)
Keep your fingers crossed! hehe...

I'm dying to hear the new Borknagar as well. Borknagar is actually the reason I checked out Vintersorg, so I got Cosmic Genesis...

very good CD. Can't wait to see what he'll do for Borknagar... (but I do wish they could have kept vortex...)

I *love* Otyg... I have days where I alternate back and forth whether I like Otyg or Vintersorg better. I own Borknagar's Quintessance album, and it's not bad... so I'm looking forward to hearing what Vintersorg will bring to Borknagar.

I've heard Havayoth samples, and I'm having trouble really getting into them.