Poll: Tours for summer 2002

Which of Andreas' bands would you like to see this Summer 2002?

• Vintersorg

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Borknagar

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Otyg

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Havayoth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Algol

Infidel
Nov 19, 2001
21 N Long, 157 W Lat
Visit site
OK so we have a pretty good idea that "Visions from the Spiral Generator" will be out this Spring 2002. And Borknagar has just released "Empiricism" (listening to it now btw). So will Andreas do a tour with both bands? (Assuming both bands want to tour to promote the new albums) I guess it might be harder for Vintersorg as a band, because there are session musicians to round up and all that. Borknagar is already a "band". So who would you rather see? What about Havayoth or Otyg?

Hmm I would lik to see Vintersorg most of all I guess..
Otyg just dosent interests me and Havayoth I have not heard.
Borknagar would be cool to see also..

Originally posted by Lutz
Hmm I would lik to see Vintersorg most of all I guess..
Otyg just dosent interests me and Havayoth I have not heard.
Borknagar would be cool to see also..

yep exact same here.

My vote goes to Vintersorg because fuck I just love his music, Borknagar would kick ass as well but I prefer Vintersorg.

Vintersorg! That wacken gig last summer was one of my happiest metal moments..:) come to Gothenburg! Talk to Dark Tranquillity or something, and come do a gig! That´d be easy...:)

-phyros (who really needs to get a life, and start studying instead of hanging ath these boards...)

I voted Vintersorg to..
the reason is 'cuz Otyg i have not ben all to interested in.. hav two albums of them but anyways Vintersorg is better... and i did not choose Havayoth 'cuz is much more a project then the rest of them, and the music.. i would say are not so good for being playd live... cant say more then that ;)
and i did not take Borknagar 'cuz I've just now a little while ago seen them live :D

WHAT?!??
I'm the only one voting for Otyg!? >:eek:) Hehehe...
Well, I'll have Otyg all to myself then >:eek:P
I dunno, there's just something about Otyg that
really makes me want to "see" the music live...
I want to see it being played :eek:)
And, I could hop around like huldra >:eek:P Hehe....

I'm hoping for Borknagar to do some touring in
not too long, but I think it was Morgana who said
they would wait until summertime?! Hm, time for
me to check the Borknagar site for updates...

Nice to see your opinions in this topic. I would of course exult in euphoria if i could tour with all my bands, but time is my very enemy in this matter. I know that there will be some Borknagar crusades, and maybe Vintersorg as well, it all depends on my lacking factor, Time. This year have been an amazing year, but also a very tough one, done about 50 Vintersorg shows and about 12 Borknagar i think. My main goal within the musical frames is to compose new music, that´s what my heart really lives of, so that particular phase will always be the closest to me. But playing in front of an audience is also something that I really love, so it´s a balance, if we do alot od touring it´s less time to write and record new music, so it´s a struggle to keep the pendulum in harmony. But some live activity will take place.

have a happy new year humans

Considering that this is a board technically about Vintersorg (the band) as opposed to the person, it's not a big surprise that most of the votes would be for Vintersorg.

I personally voted Otyg. :)

But honestly, seeing bands in a live venue isn't my top priority. And even if it were, I probably couldn't attend unless a band made their way over to the US and chose to play near western North Carolina... I don't think I would bet on those odds. *sigh* That being the case, I'd probably just rather hear new material be released.

Oh, and may the new year bring us all some happiness, or something.

I gave my vote to Vintersorg even though i'll never be able to witness that since i live in Chile :cry:...:cry:

Happy New Year to everybody :D

Originally posted by Vintersorg
Nice to see your opinions in this topic. I would of course exult in euphoria if i could tour with all my bands, but time is my very enemy in this matter. I know that there will be some Borknagar crusades, and maybe Vintersorg as well, it all depends on my lacking factor, Time. This year have been an amazing year, but also a very tough one, done about 50 Vintersorg shows and about 12 Borknagar i think. My main goal within the musical frames is to compose new music, that´s what my heart really lives of, so that particular phase will always be the closest to me. But playing in front of an audience is also something that I really love, so it´s a balance, if we do alot od touring it´s less time to write and record new music, so it´s a struggle to keep the pendulum in harmony. But some live activity will take place.

have a happy new year humans

The words of a truely great and dedicated musician. Keep up the good work!

Actually I did download an Otyg song yesterday "holy diver" and that digery doo thing is kinda strange but it was a reaaaaaally good song. Im interested to hear more.

I voted Borknagar... bacause I think Borknagar is better than Vintersorg (my own opinion, Vintersorg is still great)
It would be very cool if one of this bands would do some summerfestivals, especially Graspop since I'm going to be there.

Originally posted by Final_Vision

The words of a truely great and dedicated musician. Keep up the good work!

Actually I did download an Otyg song yesterday "holy diver" and that digery doo thing is kinda strange but it was a reaaaaaally good song. Im interested to hear more.

There wasn't a Diggerydoo in Holy Diver that I can remember... you must be thinking of the jews harp.

maybe it is, hehe, i think they sound similar. Either way it sounds strange hehe. But me thinks that if you put Vintersorgs vocal in front of any type of music it would make it much more enjoyable hehe (well maybe not any music :D )