activity and bass recording to do.
But Asgeir's extraordinary drumming is finished and it became as superb as
we expected. The new piece will consist of a more progressive aura, expect
the unexpected, but within reasonable musical coordinates of course. The
voyage proceeds towards artistic abstractness but is wearing a backpack of
our past. I feel that the album is a fresh grain in the metal soup, so just
hold up with the wait, meditate under the stellar nightsky to get in
listening shape for "Visions from the spiral generator"... "

# A new live member has joined... It's TYR, the bassguru of Borknagar.
He will add some solid and innovative basswork. Vintersorg, being a
guitarist himself, thinks that TYR can give the live shows a more perfect
foundation.

# The DVD, as has been so much discussed, is going to be finalized
after the completion of the album. The band could work with both at the
same time, but they want to target all energy on the album first.

# Vintersorg writes new songs all the time and has already material
for the next album, but let's take one step at the time...

:hotjump:

just recieved it too, hee hee, I feel the same
ukliam3.gif

That´s all good, but what about Otyg's new album? How long have we been waiting for it now?

I got a song that supposedly would be featured on it, recorded live back in november '99, from Mattias. Vintersorg must have written three more Otyg albums since then.

Anyone got any news regarding this? :confused:

according to some news it'd be released early this year but i would like to know when exactly myself :)

i got the newsletter too... i can't wait for the new album! i know i've said that a lot but i really can't :D

I just can't believe his already writing material for the new (newer than the new already ;) ) album....I think he should change his name from Vintersorg to "Pure Inspiration" or smth

fathervic (amazed!)

isnt it funny how Vintersorg can make even newsletters seem poetic? Jesus christ.........hehe the man is a good, keep up the good work man! Looking forward to the album........

Um, am I the only one who think you lazy bastards need to quit puttin "STH or SMTH" for something? :D :)

Final_Vision: (Likes Vintersorg more than Otyg, but doesnt like sth and sthmolkarta)

I got a song that supposedly would be featured on it, recorded live back in november '99, from Mattias.

Hey David Å.,

you have live-recordings of Otyg, how did you get that stuff?!?!?
Maybe I can download it??!?

@Lutz: great news!!

Damn... does the man ever take a breath? Well, can't wait! It will be highly anticipated! Nothing like sitting around southern California listening to good 'ol scandinavian metal :lol:

well it's easier to put smth if everybody understands....
as IMHO or ASAP, or AFAIC....and I guess a guy who writes "thunk" instead of "think" shouldn't be discussing this thungs ;)

yet another Vintersorg Newsletter :)

"All lyrics for "Visions from the spiral generator" are now available on the site. Check them out at the news-section..."

I loved the lyrics.. i can wait for some samples (at least) :hotjump:

Astarte (first time posting a :hotjump: not a :hothump: who's "charming" now uh FatherVic? ;) )

anyone else struck by the fact theres only 7 songs? Im hoping their epic (oh god, epic Vintersorg songs........*drool* ) 7 songs is too short.......its like riding on a beautiful journey to have it abruptly stop! Any word from the Explorer himself maybe?

ehhmmm well new Dream Theater is 6 songs and the record is more than 85 minutes :p
and it was said by the Explorer himself to be a little (or at least more) progressive than older material!
So let's wait and see the length of the songs :D

fathervic (in love with prog metal)

Dream Theatre is scary................I cant stand the vocals from those guys..........:bah: :D

Well I better get some 20 minute long Vintersorg songs than! :D

I wonder if VftSG will be released the same time in America as Europe or if it will be like Empiricism. Either way The End will get it here fairly soon I guess.

Well. regarding the fact of only seven songs. What i´ve forgotten to tell is that it´ll also be a quite innovative intro, with a lyric line from the great Philospher and scientist James Clerk Maxwell. Then you can expect some songs to be quite long, well...at least some of them, The explorer land on approximate 7 minutes and some others are also abit longer than the "normal" metal "hit" time..hehehe... The album will be about 43 minutes, which can seem quite short, but with the music on " Visions.... it´s enough, we twist and bend some themes quite much and it bears a more progressive sophistry, but still the old Vintersorg epicism is present. So we feel that the lenght is just about perfect.....

43 mn ? that's perfect for me
some albums (as usual, i don't have any exemples now) could have been far better if they were shorter ... I mean, some bands have very weak songs on their albums, only to make them last about 1h ...