Best Vintersorg Album?

Nick_Perrin

Sep 14, 2005
Toronto/Kingston
HEY! I learned of Vintersorg through one of vintersorg's other bands, Borknagar. I am looking to buy one or two vintersorg albums, but which one is essentially the best? Short samples can only reveal so much, and I'd like to hear the opinion of Vintersorg fans.

Thanks.

I always tell people who are new to the band to get Cosmic Genesis. It is a really good transitional album that has a touch of the old and new path that Vintersorg has taken. I don't think you will get a clear cut winner for an album that is the best. Whenever we do polls on here it is very spread out, everyone has a differant favorite. Hope that helps.

Okay, I've read some reviews on Cosmic Genesis and am checking out some samples now... sounds like a good Vintersorg starter album.

Anyone else, opinions still appreciated, please post your favourite Mr. V CD!

@Thidrek: I love that comic!!

I'd say Ödemarkens Son or Visions from the Spiral Generator (holy incredible bass performance, batman!) are the best. Honestly those are the two I listen to the most, though I love them all. Also Sagovindars Boning is a fantastic album and it ranks up there with the first two for me.

Till Fjälls as well.

Samples suck. They don't do enough. I figure I'll just go out and buy Cosmic Genesis, because I came to Vintersorg through Borknagar. Then I'll work my way back and forth in the discography.

Cosmic genesis and Visions from the spiral generator...no doubt about it.