What do you think about this mix ? (Jeff Loomis style song, metal, shred)

Widekmusic

Apr 18, 2009
Poland
Hi guys, i just finished mixing really young solo guitarist, he is very promising! :)

What do you think about the production?

Thanks for the opinions !

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is he/she? The mix is good and very listenable, but the drums sound too mechanic in some parts. Sick skills on the guitar too.

Sounds good. The lead guitar sounds like it lacks treble or something. Maybe it's supposed to be like that with this kind of style though.

Hi guys, i just finished mixing really young solo guitarist, he is very promising! :)

What do you think about the production?

Thanks for the opinions !

Is he the guy on youtube that covered all the necrophagist solos?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds great man!!!
i hear some talent there, in playing but also in note chioce, which is way more important than technics IMHO!

Sounds pretty good to me. The guy obviously has impressive and amazing skills. Songwriting wise, though, it could be better... right now it's basically just a 4 minute long solo.

Sounds good. The lead guitar sounds like it lacks treble or something. Maybe it's supposed to be like that with this kind of style though.

Yeah man, its a really dark cab impulse :) Its' 80s solo preset from Guitar Rig 5 :)

Thanks for the opinions guys! :)

Glad you like it :)

possibly the best damn guitarist i heard on these forums. What vst did you use for the rhythm guitars?

C'mon he's not that young he's older than me hahaha, but that song makes me think that he's been composing for years, and the song structure and licks sound very mature for his age. It would make a great sample for both of you to the portfolio, congratulations!

Yeah lead guitar is definitely too loud, it could sit back more in the mix and still be very audible.