What do you think of Blind Guardian?

awesome band. the compositions they come up with are awesome. the harmonies and what not. they are the best PM band ever
~gR~

Yea I'm actually listening to that album right now. I'll admit it's better than the other BG work I've heard, yet it still isn't really my thing.

Since everyone who badmouths BG:

1. Only heard songs like "Maiden And The Minstrel Knight" or something equally stupid and unlike their other material.
2. Doesn't like Power or Speed Metal.

I'd like to clarify: If you like Heavy Fucking Metal, you'll like all of BG's work before "Nightfall In Middle Earth", guarenFUCKINGteed. "Oh no, THAR'S A BALLAD ABOUT LORD OF TEH RINGZ ON THAR EARLY ALBUM, THAT MAEKS THEM CHEESY LEIK RHAPSODY AND SONATA FAGTICA, LOL".

I'm so sick of Blind Guardian being compared to shit bands like Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Fairyland, or something equally homosexual. Their first 5 albums are Power/Speed fucking Metal at it's finest. "Nightfall In Middle Earth" still carries the lethal riffage of their early albums, but it has a lot of keys and interludes and such-->an aquired taste. "A Night At The Opera" is even more out there, once again, it's all about preference for that one.

The first time I heard this band my brother told me to listen to these guys, they sound like medievil metal, I'm not sure what album that was. he didn't like it! i loved it. There was a song called Into The Storm. Thats my fave BG song so sho!

I then bought the album follow the blind. That album is godlike! VALHALLA. Best song on that album me thinks!

Anyways, Peace my brothers!!

The Good Doctor