What do you think of this 5150 tone?

Sounds monstrous Brian. Did you swap around the mic positions at all between the 4 tracks, or was it the same across the board? I'm just amazed that you get a tone this solid while having the mids so high on the amp (going by your past settings). Good tone though, respect.

wow! perfect sound!

I have got a question to you. I am use a Maxon OD-9 to boost my Peavey 6505.
Do you know, if the the Maxon OD-9 and the OD-808 sounds different? (Booster > Amp)

Goddamnit! Your tones are SO awesome :D
I just can't get such a nice sound out of my 6505+. The loudest volume i can play at is 0.8, though -.- I hope it's because of this, otherwise i will kill myself :lol:

any one else getting a The Acacia Strain vibe from this? the melodies and riffs make me think of them... only this mix and guitar tone are much better. haha

Sounds monstrous Brian. Did you swap around the mic positions at all between the 4 tracks, or was it the same across the board? I'm just amazed that you get a tone this solid while having the mids so high on the amp (going by your past settings). Good tone though, respect.
Thanks Ermz!
nah i kept it in the same spot for all 4 takes. Same settings as well. I experimented with doing 1 maxon OD808 and 1 non maxon on each side, but i thought two maxon tracks sounded better. The band brought a mesa dual rec with them, so i was planning on doing a 5150 and mesa track on each side, but the mesa ended up sounding pretty bad(they hadn't changed the tubes out for years).

Mids were right at 4 in this clip btw

wow! perfect sound!

I have got a question to you. I am use a Maxon OD-9 to boost my Peavey 6505.
Do you know, if the the Maxon OD-9 and the OD-808 sounds different? (Booster > Amp)

To be honest, i'm not sure. I have a Ibanez TS9, and i can't tell much of a difference between that and the maxon OD808. If the TS9 is anything like the OD9, then there isn't going to be a whole lot of difference(to my ears at least).

Amazing, best tone ever from you. (I just realised every time I comment on your mixes I say the same exact thing :lol:)

haha thanks dude! I did notice that;) Now if i could only get your Caparison, i would be set....:D

any one else getting a The Acacia Strain vibe from this? the melodies and riffs make me think of them... only this mix and guitar tone are much better. haha

I actually listened to the newer Acacia Strain album as a reference before mixing this down, and i realized how bad that mix is. Zuess' stuff just doesnt impress me like it use to:erk:

go fuck your self :(

hahah you dont mean that ryan:)

Awesome. I'm still stuck on the mids thing, so one last follow-up question! How is the mic positioned relative to the speaker? It looked fairly close to the grill cloth the last time around, and almost close to dead center.

In the room the tone must've surely sounded extremely mid-heavy? I find the mid knob on the 6505 stops being usable after about '1' in most cases.

Crazy good. Damnnnn...

Vocals sound good as FUCK... LOVE when those doubles come in 'WILL I SEE YOUR FACE'.

Is that one take duped and shifted or an actual double panned left and right?