what do you think of this acoustic tone?

I think it sounds awesome! The guitars could use some more midhighs i think, would make them a little bit "fresher". But sound good already! The vocals sound superb! I totally love the "breathe" in the sound (greattttt singer!, which band?) What's the sound in the intro and outro? Cool!

About the song, I think it's really really good, but why the long instrumental part? From 2.30 til the end..too long in my opinion.

Anxious for your reaction :)

I think it sounds awesome! The guitars could use some more midhighs i think, would make them a little bit "fresher". But sound good already! The vocals sound superb! I totally love the "breathe" in the sound (greattttt singer!, which band?) What's the sound in the intro and outro? Cool!

About the song, I think it's really really good, but why the long instrumental part? From 2.30 til the end..too long in my opinion.

Anxious for your reaction :)

the sound in the intro youre talking about is just a sine wave synth with a stereo delay. the singer is one of my friends, his main band is the friday night boys, if you check my soundclick i have two songs i recorded of them on there too or check www.myspace.com/thefridaynightboys , this song is for his other band though called bet on black

as for the long instrumental break, we're not done tracking yet... this is just a rough mix. there will be more vocals to fill it out and i think he wanted a pickup part at the end where drums come in or something

This is friggin' awesome ...

I have nothing to critizise at all ... I dont agree with Hubrecht, the guitars don't need more higher mids, cause that would distract from the superb sounding vocals, I think.

What guitar is this? What recording chain?

Would put it on repeat if i could!

This is friggin' awesome ...

I have nothing to critizise at all ... I dont agree with Hubrecht, the guitars don't need more higher mids, cause that would distract from the superb sounding vocals, I think.

What guitar is this? What recording chain?

Would put it on repeat if i could!

glad you like it! we used this martin acoustic, i dont know the model or anything but it sounded awesome

im poor so the recording chain is an AKG perception 200 into my focusrite saffire interface, thats my only condenser mic so we used it for guitar and vox

we played around with the micing position for the acoustic for a while and settled on having the mic pointing at the soundhole from like 6 inches infront and a foot to the right of the soundhole

Nice one Sean..

I really like those vocals! acoustisc sound fine to me, allthough i agree with smy a bit, putting more mid/high in them, might distract the vocals a bit, but you could try it though, it was the first thought that popped into my mind... "hey, sounds great, but could it use some more mid/highs?"

Funny, as i was just listening to in flames's "acoustic medley" which has that mid/high extra, but no vocals, so you could always just give it a go...

glad you like it! we used this martin acoustic, i dont know the model or anything but it sounded awesome

im poor so the recording chain is an AKG perception 200 into my focusrite saffire interface, thats my only condenser mic so we used it for guitar and vox

we played around with the micing position for the acoustic for a while and settled on having the mic pointing at the soundhole from like 6 inches infront and a foot to the right of the soundhole

Doesn't matter if you are poor. This sounds totally PRO! It surely helps that the song is good, too :)

Fucking hell, just listened to the other tracks from Friday Night Boys on your soundclick, and the tracks AND the recordings sound soo pro! My favourite bands in this genre are Anberlin and Acceptance and this is almost as good! Could be fucking successful in my opinion :)

I understand what you guys say about how more highmids could distract the vocals, but exactly like black neon bob said, it was just the first thing that came up to me..

Pff this singer is GOOOD, and the sound of the vocals, so warm and so much breath..amazing.

Wow, whats that ghosts in the gear on your Soundclick?
Thats some furious stuff!

http://myspace.com/ghostinthegears

another local band, they used to have some other songs up there but now the one i recorded is the only one

Fucking hell, just listened to the other tracks from Friday Night Boys on your soundclick, and the tracks AND the recordings sound soo pro! My favourite bands in this genre are Anberlin and Acceptance and this is almost as good! Could be fucking successful in my opinion :)

I understand what you guys say about how more highmids could distract the vocals, but exactly like black neon bob said, it was just the first thing that came up to me..

Pff this singer is GOOOD, and the sound of the vocals, so warm and so much breath..amazing.

yeah, he writes all the songs and plays everything on these tracks too, hes really talented at stuff like that. if you want to hear some more of him he does the clean vocals on the other bet on black songs on my soundclick too