What do you think of this mix? (Ross Robinson)

This band is called Dayshell, pretty sure they're signed to Sumerian. The lead singer was the former lead singer of the band Of Mice & Men. Anyway, they recorded their debut album with Ross Robinson. I remember the lead singer (Shayley Bourget) saying that they recorded this record with no click track and no auto tune or pitch correction.

What are ur thoughts on the mixes of the first 2 singles

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N81iI393gUc[/ame]

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aRKDihJgA58[/ame]

nah.. Ross did a track with them last year. This album was produced and mixed by me :)
Definitely used a click and pitch correction.

I loved it up until his voice came in.. I can hear pitch correction all over it.. fucks sake.. why can't people sing without it anymore? This band would be epic to me if I couldn't hear the pitch correction fucking his voice. They sound like a twisted version of Tool :D

PS: what's the Bass chain on this? Sounds incredible!!!

I loved it up until his voice came in.. I can hear pitch correction all over it.. fucks sake.. why can't people sing without it anymore?

Sometimes emotion and technique don't happen all at the same time. I'd rather take a vocal that has emotion and tune it than keep a vocal just cause it's in tune. :loco:
Bass chain was insane... 2 amps, 3 pedals, di

Sometimes emotion and technique don't happen all at the same time. I'd rather take a vocal that has emotion and tune it than keep a vocal just cause it's in tune. :loco:
Bass chain was insane... 2 amps, 3 pedals, di

Never thought of it like that. Something I've lost is the time pressure element. I guess not all are in such a similar situation. Thanks man. Great job on the mix!

Shayley really does have a great voice. Not to hijack, but he was showcased all over Of Mice & Men's The Flood before he left. Incredible live, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love his voice, but as has been pointed out, you can hear some tuning. Here's hoping he keeps getting better, because I like what I'm hearing.

Mix is stellar!

I find these forums so crazy, almost every single album I love I find out someone on here mixed/recorded it. :tickled:

(If I found out Drew Fulk was on here too I could die happy.)

Love your work on Dayshell though man!

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! This is the first full production to come out of my new studio. Very excited