What do you think of this singer? (Misogynistic Non-Core)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey guys :)

I´m just about forming a live band and I´m in search of the right singer. I wanna play dirty beer smellin´ Rock´n Roll with Thrash influences, like a Mixtur out of Motörhead, Slayer, Sodom, AC/DC....:kickass:

This is a song I recorded 2006, drums are real (no replacement) and I played all instruments on it...but that´s not important. I would like to know, what you think about the singer.

Here we go:

The Queen in the Crystal Cloak

What do you think, good enough for a live playing Rock´n roll band?

Ah yeah and don´t take that headline too serious, I love women :D Though the singer what it´s about mostly write hate-songs about former girlfriends :lol: It´s so funny, another song is called "Red Hair Devil" for example. Lololol

damn felix i like everything about it fawkin cool !! :kickass: guitar-amp-sims details if you remember?

damn felix i like everything about it fawkin cool !! :kickass: guitar-amp-sims details if you remember?

Thanks for your opinion, dude! :kickass: For the rythm guitar & leads I used the V-amp pro at that time. I think it was "Modern hi gain" with shitloads of vst processing.

Reminds me of Lordi. Probably ok for a beer semllin rock'n roll band but I personally don't particulally like his voice.

Lordi? Haha :lol: Thanks for your opinion, Oliver. That´s the problem with his voice I guess, it´s very polarising.

So I´m very corious about some more opinions about it. Let me know, dudes!

The singer sounds ok and suitable for this kind of stuff in my opinion. I must say, though, that I really hate this style of music ;)

Thanks for giving it a listen, Kimon! And you have the right to hate this style of music!! :lol: We don´t take ourselves very seriously, it´s music you can drink beer meanwhile. A nice contrast to the recording work I ususally do.

I don't really know what to think Felix... His vox create a theatralistic picture imho.

Sound like Black river kind of voice for me, so not a bad thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for your opinion, Jaymz and Mikael!

Black River sounds not bad to me, singer reminds me of Volbeat a bit, video is kind of strange though.

I think hes got the basis down, if you choose to go further he will no doubt be fit in either better. Very theatrical

Yeah, it was first take. He came to the studio, while being absolutely pissed, he wrote the lyrics down and started to sing like a crazy bastard. He´s a very passionate singer, but we all recommended him to take some vocal lessons. I´m sure, he can do it better, at least technically.

well, to be honest, not sure I would buy a cd like this but I wouldn't turn it off at a party either so you're halfway there as far as I'm concerned :p

Its cool and all, the singer could definitely be an acquired taste thing ... might grow on me but I think there would have to be a good diversity in the type of songs to keep it and him sounding interesting

Thanks so much for listening to it, Carlos! :kickass: Yeah haha...damn, we had the problem in those days, too. His vocals were polarizing as hell. But he can sing other styles, too. Will post a link later the day.