What does it mean?

biggsy said:
Jude I think he was joking:erk:
I don't think so. But I could be wrong. :shrug:

So nobody answered the 20 million dollars Borat question : License to kill Indians in 2006 : Myth or reality ?

And if this license doesn't exist anymore, what brought people to think that they had the right to do it in the first place ?

Thank You.
OK so he probably was. Whatever.

Why will Americans get used to Spanish? I thought China was the next superpower?
Massive influx of Spanish-speaking immigrants+they tend to have lots of kids=rapidly increasing Hispanic population=Spanish is becoming much more prevalent in the US and will continue to do so.

daz436 said:
Liaison - to meet up/make a connection
Orchard - small bounded collection of [apple] trees
Achromatic - colourless
Amaranth - a seed
Awe - admiration
Madrigal - short poem/music
Concubine - 2nd and unnofficial wife
Florid - not sure sorry
Sepulchral - im guessing this has something to do with burial or funerals
Shant - Shan't? .. basically means shall not
Epitaph - what is written on your grave
Jonah - jonah is a biblical character to be branded a jonah is to be seen as unlucky or a bad person
Miasma - unhabitable atmosphere/poisonous gas
Stilted - not sure sorry
Benighted - to be overtaken by nightfall or darkness
Pock - not sure sorry
Hibernal - relating to winter in some way
Haggard - worn out
Reeling - to reel something out? like pull it out .. or something i dunno
Tantrum - a big anger fit
Stigma - relating to females, stigma is the female part of a flower
Knell - the sound of a bell ringing
Hemlock - a tree or a plant or something i think
Jackal - an animal, kinda wolfish foxish thing

Thnx really helped alot. And whoever said "A swedish guy knows better english than you": Hej, jag är också svensk, tihi fnizz.
And btw, i did use a dictionary before i posted this. http://lexin.nada.kth.se/sve-eng.shtml Guess it sucks...
Geez...

Jude said:
Massive influx of Spanish-speaking immigrants+they tend to have lots of kids=rapidly increasing Hispanic population=Spanish is becoming much more prevalent in the US and will continue to do so.

Much to my displeasure...

And it is so much worse in Southern Cali, because thats where they all go! The neighbors across the street... man, they have like 20 people living in the same house... but they're cool neighbors.... unlike that dickhead next door....

M&#228 said:
Thnx really helped alot. And whoever said "A swedish guy knows better english than you": Hej, jag är också svensk, tihi fnizz.
I have no idea what that means, I don't speak Swedish. And I wasn't referring to "you"

Much to my displeasure...
I have no problem with it. Things change. This isn't one I'm real upset about. Although I'd rather it was some cool language like German that was taking over instead of Spanish...Spanish is boring and too easy IMO :\

where the hell are you from that you don't know these words?

as a wise man once said: "there is failure inside...this thread"

edit: whoever said that the global advent of english usage was "american fascism" should be shot.

Death_To_False_Metal said:
Why NAvajo isn't the official language in this country ?
To keep the Japs in check. :cool:
edit - the Navajo have a really cool radio station if you're ever in that area check it out imo

Id said:
didn't invent it but certainly perfected that bitch

Many (yet not all) Americanisms of the English language (eg. the spelling of the word Colour) are down to early Settlers (American 'forefathers') being poor spellers of the English language.
Not that I'm gonna start falling into this American English vs England English trap cos we all know how much more awesome that makes a dying thread.

billyneverdies said:
where the hell are you from that you don't know these words?

as a wise man once said: "there is failure inside...this thread"

edit: whoever said that the global advent of english usage was "american fascism" should be shot.
haha