what does THE LEPPER AFFINITY mean?

If I had to have a random stab in the dark (and by conjecture with the lyrics...yes I too can be a wanker)...and by random coincidence the song has just started in Media Player...

The title does suggest love for the sick/diseased. But look at the lyrics. This sample is enough to prove my point

We entered Winter once again
Naked, freezing from my breath
Neath the lid all limbs tucked away
This coffin is your abode from now
and onwards
Your body is mine to avail
Such a tragic sight you are
Slave under my creed
Spurring me with those tears
I am beyond death
Midst a dreaming affinity
Saving strength now, faint whispers
Come erotic communion in its splendour
Fever mirrored ghosts
Night time consolation, cross the line
Draw murder into art
Sleep inside through days

To me, this is just a teensy bit fucked up. It seems to be about killing someone then raping them. I dunno if it is humanity raping the earth (all the nature references) but if not, Mike has naugty on the brain. So Leper Affinity may not mean affinity for lepers so much as love for the sick minded, love for the doomed/dead, desire for the doomed/dead, or it could just be another obscure Opeth reference (and who here can't admit that obscure Opeth references kick ass!!!).

I could go on with postmodern bullshit, but I hate that enough to stop here. Hope that helped.

well as someone here said maybe the word 'leper' is used here to make it sound cool (although it doesn't sound cool to me, I have a politician, a true asshole here in Poland whose surname is Leper ;) ), meaning something like a 'sick affinity'... You know, leatherware lingerie, whips, metal pikes, stuff like that... ;)