What does the new keyboard player do?

Raab

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2010
Beer Bamberg
As most of you guys have noticed Netta and Hanu sadly left the band and were replaced by Jukka-Pekka Miettinen and Robert Engstrand.
So my question is, what will Robert do in the band?
I mean, he could just play the accordion parts with a keyboard as a replacement for Netta. But then he wouldn't h Or he could play some more keyboard stuff (like "lead" brass lines)?
Anyway i don't think he can cover all the facets of the orchestral stuff, so i think even if they have a keyboard player there will still be backing tracks.

Keyboard player + backing tracks = truly epic ;)

We just don't know.
Maybe he has a keytar and thus can go to the front of the stage for songs like Sahti Waari
Maybe he takes over some of the backing tracks.
It's just pure guess work for us right now.

I think Jukka-Pekka can fit in Hannu's costume, but can Robert fit in Netta's costume? As far as what the keyboard will do, it's anyone's guess. Only Mathias knows for sure :)

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Vadim can only jump down from things. He's pretty much the most overrated keyboardist I know.

But then again, they're just doing it all for the money (Freddy L. even said so to me and Cari in Cologne)

/back on topic.

The new bassist helps Mathias out on some harsh vocal sections and plays bass (duh), the keyboardist plays some of the backing-tracks and some according-parts (correct me if I heard it wrong @ Heidenfest - I was mainly singing along off-key and making sure I wouldn't die a horrible death by suffocation in lard - don't ask...). They also both do the occasional choir vocals.

Yeah, i remembered form the show in Stuttgart that the keyboard player plays some new stuff. E.g. on some songs he played something that sounded pretty improvised, like piano parts (i think he did that in Great Escape) and organ riffs (it sounded pretty much like organ, can't remember which songs :/ ). Everything he played totally fit into the music of Turisas.
He fucking rulez! The songs sounded more awesome than before. Didn't think that this would be possible. ;)

i still prefer the accordion
or maybe i don't like keyboards pretty much
in my opinion keyboards don't fit into songs like battle metal, portage and sahti waari
on the other hand, in songs like the great escape, end of and empire, fear the fear, etc. the keyboards are even better than the accordion, because this are non-folky songs
yet i think robert must play the orchestrated parts of the song, and maybe he has samples of the accordion parts or whatever
of one thing i'm sure:
whatever roberts does on stage, it kicks ass