what exactly is DigiPack

opeth3

New Metal Member
Nov 18, 2002
Visit site
they always say the dumbest question is the one you never ask, so what exactly is DigiPack and why is it so special ? lol I figure it must have something to do with the mastering of the cd?? someone plz explain to a computer tech guy who has no clue! lol thanks in advance

Hm.... Jevel Case is normal plastic box for CD with booklet as cover. Digi Pak is a special edition of an album. The "box" is made of paper, the booklet is usually hidden in special envelope. That's it. The difference is, the Digi Pak version of CD can (but needn't) contain additional tracks (as on After Forever - Prison of Desire or Lux Occulta - My Guardian Anger) and is usually limited to several thousand copies.

DigiPack as I understatnd is pretty simple. Most CD's come in a jewel case (Plastic case), well Digi is most often paper or cardboard type material. Often there are bonus tracks, or wall paper etc. included on the CD. The cover art and inner cover art are often different as well. I don't think there is any difference in sound quality.

Cheers!!!