What happened?

I assumed this thread was about the Germany-Brazil game.

28150_578550668856683_1627188223_n_large.jpg

I wasn't here in the early 2000s, but the amount of information and just being audience to some of the discussions really helped the learning curve when I did join. Given the ITB technologies now and the wealth of information in places like this, any 18 year old starting out now has it very good.

But, I too lament the decline in quality of content posted here. I think it started when Clark Kent elevated himself to a guitar tone authority.

Despite the traffic flow these days this site is still my first tab I open every single time I load up the net....for 8 years straight. Perhaps it's a habit I haven't shaken yet, but I still keep reading these boards daily as there is still some quality reading to be had.

^ I agree. I stop here whenever I get online. I dont mind a reduction in posts as long as what is posted seems remotely constructive and the people who are here are half decent with one another. I honestly think this place has been worse in the past. There was like a year or so where every thread turned into a non productive bitch fest between people who seemed/acted like 16 year old kids. Arguments about Sturgis, Pod tact, muckypup, Gareth, Attack Attack...those were the dark days lol. Not to say this doesnt still happen or that its not amusing in a Fox News kind of way, its the internet after all, but certainly less so than it has in the past.

In regards to the amount of lurkers vs those signed in. I feel like more people should lurk and read the wealth of great insights from the forums past. I often look through ancient threads and read what Oz, James, Andy, and some of the other guys that have gone on to actually do things I like had to say.

I do wish Andy and some of the other old timers posted / commented on things more often.

Maybe the Andy Sneap presets in EzMix concluded the whole point of this forum?

I'm joking...sort of.

Despite the traffic flow these days this site is still my first tab I open every single time I load up the net....for 8 years straight. Perhaps it's a habit I haven't shaken yet [...]
This. I check the forum often but close it after seconds because I'm not interested in 99% of the current threads. :/
I got a shitload of stuff to do studying psychology and playing gigs with my bands though, so it's not only the forum's fault really. On a positive note I don't GAS as hard as I used to, so that's nice :loco:

I joined around 2008 which was sensibly a year after I decided I wanted to do this. I used to absolutely love this forum, before all the scene shit hit up.

I never thought the whole industry would turn to the gutter as it stands today. Really really sad, slowly this whole thing, as an art will fade away I believe..

I joined around 2008 which was sensibly a year after I decided I wanted to do this. I used to absolutely love this forum, before all the scene shit hit up.

I never thought the whole industry would turn to the gutter as it stands today. Really really sad, slowly this whole thing, as an art will fade away I believe..

Has been decaying for some years. Call me crazy but the mainstream use of internet it´s the root of many problems we have today. There is a era pre and post internet, the internet destroyed some simple pleasures like hearing an album or buying albuns. How many of us today sit in the front of the stereo to listen a entire album without interruptions? Nobody does that anymore, just the fact of having a stereo is now becoming rare thing these days, because there are ipods, ipads, iphones, little devices that do all that kind of shit.

Anyway, my point is, all that have a digital format can be stolen, since music, books, software, movies, games. So, what we can call art can be stolen with just a few mouse clicks, and this is killing the industry and especially most of his creators.
You can always think, but man, if it wasnt the internet and all the free info I was not doing what I am doing today, and it´s probably its true. But in the end, was really worth it??

See for example the evolution of things, ez mix, plugins claiming the use of just one knob to sound better, the easiness of drum samples, this are simple detours that kill the traditional way of crafting an art.

There so many areas affected by the use of internet that I coud write for hours but I will not do it because I dont want to bore the people to death!lol and also because this is not my main language and therefore it´s hard to express in the correct way or finding the words.

But let me clear that with my post I may sound like that old man that consider the evolution a thing of devil, root of all evil bla, bla. Not quite, I do most of the things that I am criticizing above, by self-indulgence, stupidity maybe habit or just by reducing the blame in my mind because I know that I am not the only one, but in the end I am quite aware of all the prejudice that comes with the generalizations of some actions and just the use of internet itself creates a generalization of thoughts and defines morality and ethic in some dubious ways.

Lol @ this thread again.

I think the truth of the matter is that nobody really uses forums anymore, we've all been elevated to a level of politically correct accountability by our Facebook accounts plastered with our shit eating grins to bother with all this anonymous dick waving. As a method of online communication this is one of the redundant options - next to IRC chat and other fads popularised circa the late 90's.

Meh it's summer and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer. I have a pool, a kid, planned camping trips, a bike etc...

Don't want to be in my windowless basement in this nice ass weather unless I am forced to. Like right now I'm taking a break from editing some bass tracks, but for the most part I haven't been all that interested in this forum as of late. Pretty much same goes for homerecording.com which is the only other forum I go to every so often.

Lol @ this thread again.

I think the truth of the matter is that nobody really uses forums anymore, we've all been elevated to a level of politically correct accountability by our Facebook accounts plastered with our shit eating grins to bother with all this anonymous dick waving. As a method of online communication this is one of the redundant options - next to IRC chat and other fads popularised circa the late 90's.
Heh, true. Forums are kinda like the BBS's of the 21st century.

On a side note, I checked that Chango Facebook page out of curiosity after seeing it pop up here often enough, and holy shit. The first thing I saw was someone posting a picture of a splitter and asking if it's a DI, someone else confirming that it indeed is, a third person telling a DI is for making guitars distort better (?) and zero people stepping up with even remotely correct information.

Next I saw a kid openly selling iLok licenses which are absolutely not allowed to be sold to another user. A bit shady, but oh well, fair enough - at least they're legitimate licenses.

The third thing I saw was some sort of drama with Joey Sturgis apologizing for publicly bashing Nick Scott again, and after realizing that it was indeed happening and I wasn't just mistakenly sucked into a wormhole and gazing through some sort of weird, perverted loophole into an alternative dimension of the past, I decided I had probably seen quite enough for now.

There so many areas affected by the use of internet that I coud write for hours but I will not do it because I dont want to bore the people to death!lol

By all means, go ahead. I wish more people were talking about this. It saddens me that so few people seem to care that so much of our culture has gone to absolute shit the past decade.

Everything has been discussed for years and every subject has multiple threads... It's a great database but it's easy to pop a question instead of searching. I also think it made more sens before the renaming of the sub forums tho

When I joined this forum I was using an analog board going into two 24 track recorders, and alot of the info here was about plug-ins, keyboard shortcuts and computer related problems and solutions. and while some of the actual production solutions I could apply to my HD taped based system, some of the info was foreign to me. I sold everything to go to a daw system and quickly realized I hated it. I've slowly started buying back my analog set up and watching youtube videos for tips and tricks. I really only come here to the Bar forum for laughs.