What is it about this damn state...

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
I don't like to complain...

Wait...

I like to complain, especially about Utah.

A recent problem I've been having is that most metal shows in the area have all been moved to 21+ venues. Necrophagist, for example, was originally in an all ages venue got moved to a 21+ venue. Green Carnation got booked into a 21+ venue (I got kicked away at the door). Hell, even Queensryche (not that I'd want to see them anyway) is booked into a 21+ venue. Even a show tonight, Black Dahlia Murder, got stuck into an 18+ venue (changed just this mornin, though I'm not complaining as much since it means less hardcore dancing fags for that god damn shitfest known as Throwdown, but I had a lot of friends who bought tickets for the show now who can't go since they are under 18 and they seem to ID frequently around here).

Something about this state... even the promoters seem to try to censor what people see by sticking age limits on shows depending on genre. Its troubling.

^ hello?
you live in Utah.
the land of mormones and stupid chritians. (wait, the latter is everywhere)
You think they'll let precious minors touch the devils' drink????
I have one advice for you... when you grow up...
please move out of there.

Meh, I can't believe I still am here... I could easily move out of this place and go back to Philly or AC where I belong. Atleast then I could see my fucking metal shows.

Too "spendy spendy" to save money though...

EricT said:
Meh, I can't believe I still am here... I could easily move out of this place and go back to Philly or AC where I belong. Atleast then I could see my fucking metal shows.

u think utah is bad? at least utah has concerts, wyoming dosn't have any at all

Up here in BC its like that for every show that ISN'T emo. Jazz, Metal, Orchestra, etc, are all 19+. Satch came, I couldn't go, I even drove down there and tried to get in, and they kicked me out. Its a pain in the ass.... 3 more months...

EricT said:

I know what you mean...and yes, Utah has SOME shows...but VERY VERY few, and theyre ALL in the SLC area. I think there's a club in Cedar City, I dunno, I'm supposed to be playing there in April, so we'll see...but I lived in southern Utah for 3 years, and never got to see ONE show...