What is metal coming to?

Well I don't see what's so wrong with this? lol

from what I see and hear Turisas is pretty fucking awesome.

Well I'm kind surprise that they are tourning the U.S. 'cause Americans (in general) they are like Ottawa people (I know 'cause that's the region I live in :loco:), totaly close mind.

In Europe for sure there is a market for Folk/Viking Metal but in US I doubt it. Also you have to consider that Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and Tyr are touring North America and personnaly I see that as a good thing, It might finally open Americans and west-canadians minds and eyes on different metal style.

Maybe we will live long enought to see someting better than the crap they sell a HMV :puke::lol:

Well, I think one issue is that Canada and US are relatively new countries, people may have a hard time relating to Vikings/Medieval castles and so on, there's none of that stuff... the other thing is, there's virtually no metal scene in Canada outside of Quebec. There may be the odd band here and there out of BC etc but nothing major...

Canada and US are relatively new countries, people may have a hard time relating to Vikings/Medieval castles and so on

Great point dude, also it seems that metal affinity is influenced by geographic location and the natural light cycle. The farther North, the less light you get in winter, which kind of pushes your psyche to a darker tone...it hasn't been studied, but you know how Scandinavia is such a cliché metal area? Where the grimmest of the grim dwell? Well, check this out: they have a HUGE problem with depression of the population. Their mental treatment facilities are filled to capacity with people who are depressed by the lack of light. This is why my aunt, a psychiatrist, is so successful over there - it's a very highly sought-after medical specialty.

Well, check this out: they have a HUGE problem with depression of the population. Their mental treatment facilities are filled to capacity with people who are depressed by the lack of light. This is why my aunt, a psychiatrist, is so successful over there - it's a very highly sought-after medical specialty.

This is so true.
Those treatment facilities are so full that either patients
go on kill themselves or kill someone else. I can only speak
for Sweden though, since it's my native country and where I
reside at the moment. We're said to have the HIGHEST suicidecount
in the world :OMG:

Great point dude, also it seems that metal affinity is influenced by geographic location and the natural light cycle. The farther North, the less light you get in winter, which kind of pushes your psyche to a darker tone...it hasn't been studied, but you know how Scandinavia is such a cliché metal area? Where the grimmest of the grim dwell? Well, check this out: they have a HUGE problem with depression of the population. Their mental treatment facilities are filled to capacity with people who are depressed by the lack of light. This is why my aunt, a psychiatrist, is so successful over there - it's a very highly sought-after medical specialty.
It makes sense, I would imagine it would be really hard to live in the tropics and write about the "freezing moon" or "northern darkness" :)
If we exclude those true Norwegian black metal bands from South America heheh.
It's interesting how certain metal genres have higher popularity in some countries/continents and not in others... like, symphonic/power/goth/viking/celtic whatever metal is huge in Europe but fails miserably in North America... hence the reason bands like Therion do not tour the U.S. and Canada on a large scale, there's no demand/interest... it seems that the metal that does well in America is a lot more rhythm/energy based, i.e. Lamb of God etc

Yeah sure, it's definitely a dance. If the band didn't take the offers they got, they wouldn't be as big as they are. But it's their management, not the label that got them those offers hehe.