What is metal coming to?

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Check out this PM I got while posting on the Opeth board while getting into a "discussion" about the beliefs behind Speak English or Die...I was expressing my thoughts and as I often do with these psuedo-metalheads, I got a bit heated.

Braighs said:
That post (with the unnessary insults) was indicative that you are set in your belifs and don't wish to continue discussion. I might have considered what you had to say, but the insult ruined that. My first post was lighthearted, but it decended into disrailling the topic. I apologized to the moderator and so should you.

This was my response:
schenkadere said:
Oh, please! I could care less...You folks should get some thicker skin...See ya!:cry: ...hope the rest of your life is pink and frilly.

What is the metal community coming to?!

That's pathetic. Boo fucking hoo! Ooo...what big tough Black/Death metalheads...Ha!

Weed out the weak!!!
This kid is probably a single child constantly bullied at school, the only way how he can deal with his issues a little is to paint himself all in black, including the fingernails and eyeliners of course, put on a huge black coat and try to impress his female schoolmates with the quotes he reads in his Nietzsche books...not that there's anything wrong about that, when you're used to being laughed at all the time...
Since when has metal been music for pussies?

gaschamber said:
what is metal coming to?

honestly, i dont know, i turned on "headbangers" ball, and schenk...i just dont know.

Man, Headbanger's Ball is pathetic...even my 16 year old has better taste in metal. What is that crap? Makes me sick.:puke:

When has Headbangers Ball ever been all that great anyway? I remember sitting through dozens of White Lion, Britney Foxx and Poison videos before I got any glimpse of a Testament, Anthrax or Slayer video. Even when it was good, it wasn't that good.

fah-q said:
When has Headbangers Ball ever been all that great anyway? I remember sitting through dozens of White Lion, Britney Foxx and Poison videos before I got any glimpse of a Testament, Anthrax or Slayer video. Even when it was good, it wasn't that good.

Valid point.

I did see that Dragonforce video...OMG...what the hell was that? Gay! Sounds like the solos are 33's played on 78...it's almost comical...certainly not impressive.

That Opeth thread is amazing...I made one comment on how I didn't like the CD Still Life and they closed the thread...fucking amazing...the moderator felt that too many people would be upset.

That's metal?! Holy shit!

They really closed the thread because you said an album sucked? That is unbelievable. How do moderators get to be moderators anyway?

Thank God the thread was closed! Can you imagine the massive amount of Opeth fans, slitting their wrists at the same time?

fah-q said:
They really closed the thread because you said an album sucked? That is unbelievable. How do moderators get to be moderators anyway?

I didn't even say it sucked...I wasn't even that strong. I said I didn't like them and put them up on eBay.

Here it is. This is the second Opeth board thread I've closed in two days.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253734

This is the other...look where it goes to the "Speak English or Die" discussion.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253310