What is "Nu-Metal"??????

I'm just skipping to the end and posting this but this is what I believe nu-metal is:

Hard rock bands playing rock structured songs with heavy tuned guitaring or down-tuned guitars. Most the time no double bass, no bizarre temp changes (I think that would be the term) and no guitar solos.

The Greys said:
Have you heard La Sexorcisto: Devil Music. vol 1 ?

I used to own it. I bought it without ever hearing it. I didn't like it, despite listening to it several times, then I sold it for a dollar.

Xorv said:
slipknot-puly255(3).jpg

avengedsevenfold.jpg

3786.jpg

Good Charlotte are one of the worst bands ever, but that doesnt necessarily make them nu-metal, I would consider them pop-punk.

Yeah and Avenged Sevenfold are more like terrible emo-metalcore.

This topic has been done to death but nu-metal is:

1. Simple song structures made with repetitive riffing.
2. Teen angst type lyrics about getting picked on and what not.
3. Down-tuned guitars to get a "heavy" sound.
4. Usually no solos used at all.
5. Elements of rap/alternative sometimes thrown in.
6. Most of it shouldn't be even considered heavy metal by few do count as metal.

It's bands like Papa Roach, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Static X etc.

What i think nu-metal is- the more popular metal bands now a days example-Korn,static-x,sevendust,etc... Usually have clearer vocals.and i dont know if its considered nu metal but i hate hte fuckin cookie cutter bands that scream 4 a bit then like start singing nice??? well ya i cant stand that shit..thats popular now adays i jsut consider it emocore regardless if its the right genre or not lol! o ya they usually kinda industrial 2.the first metal band i listned 2 was nu-metal ,but that was 7th grade i grew out of it once i knew wat real metal was =/. O ya white zombie is okay i kinda think there songs sound same but there not nu-metal :p

Numetal is a style of rock, really. Groove-metal+rock-the metal=groove-rock=numetal=crappy

So, its rock with groove-based riffs. Also known as jumpdafuckup-riffs.

So, in conclusion: Listen to old Sadus and shut the fuck up. That was my point all along.

Metalcore is far worse then Nu-Metal and it's taking the place of a lot of Metal in the US. It has more skill involved but the crowd following is horrible and the fact that it is considered "Metal" by many and taking away a lot of would-be Metal-heads it the worst.

I think groove,flow,rythmn is the most important aspect in music. It's not just strictly used in nu-metal or newer bands.