What is "Nu-Metal"??????

rvdsm

New Metal Member
Aug 19, 2005
Jacksonville, IL
www.ihateyourband.com
I know what I think it is, but I and my cohorts are having some pretty heated debates over what nu-metal really is with a bunch of straightedge/hardcore kids.

The hardcore crowd thinks nu-metal is everything with distorted guitars and actual singing. I think it's crappy break beats, fake-ass vocalists trying to sound tough and guitarists who basically just play stacato, open string chords against the kick drum (i.e. - Godsmack, Disturbed, Stained, P.O.D., etc)

What's your opinion?

Oh yeah, before you slam me for making a topic that has probably been made before, I'm new here. Also, from what I've read it doesn't really matter because if I were to post this in a topic that had been created before it would bump this thread to the top and I'd still get shit for doing that. So whatever...

slipknot-puly255(3).jpg

avengedsevenfold.jpg

3786.jpg

You're right, they're wrong, and you're all wasting your time. Nu-metal is on its deathbed. The big brand names like Slipknot are desperately sucking the last drops of golden semen from the great corporate cock, and then nu-metal will be gone. Say Hallelujah.

In my city, St.Petersburg, Russia, there is hardcore band JANE AIR. Their first album was fucked up clone of Korn, but the second sounds very interesting, it reminds me NAPALM DEATH - DIATRIBES with half-clean vocals. I think, if i'd say them about it, they'd answer:"Napalm ...what? Never heard about this shit!"=))))
Many nu-metal bands have progress, and i think nu-metal soon will mutate to something more interesting.

lord667 said:
You're right, they're wrong, and you're all wasting your time. Nu-metal is on its deathbed. The big brand names like Slipknot are desperately sucking the last drops of golden semen from the great corporate cock, and then nu-metal will be gone.

Except I don't care, popular music is shitty as a rule, so I don't Say Hallelujah, I just don't really care.

lord667 said:
You're right, they're wrong, and you're all wasting your time. Nu-metal is on its deathbed. The big brand names like Slipknot are desperately sucking the last drops of golden semen from the great corporate cock, and then nu-metal will be gone. Say Hallelujah.

metalcore is going to replace it though

or mroe like is already replacing it

If that was actually you, then yes, you would be fucking ugly. But please just remove it. It will make you discount all of your posts as the guy with the ugly avatar.