Nu-metal that you can tolerate

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
OK, we've already established that everyone on this board hates Puddle of Mudd. That's a given. And I'm sure Linkin Park isn't far behind them. But, here's an interesting question for this panel:

In general, nu-metal stinks, but what bands (or even a single song from a nu-metal band) do you like?

Here's my list:

Bands:
I think "Disturbed" is the only nu-metal band that I can tolerate entirely. I think their first album was pretty damned good (with a few crappy songs toward the end). Second album wasn't as interesting. "Sevendust" is at least heavy, but I don't care for all of their songs.

Songs:
Trust Co. - Downfall
Systematic - Beginning of the End
Sevendust - Denial
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Audiovent - The Energy

That's pretty much it. I've heard other songs that I can tolerate on the radio, but these are the only ones that come to mind that I actually like.

How about you?

I can actually tolerate Limp Bizkit sometimes. You know, when they do songs like "Break Shit" or "Rollin" - big, dumbass juggernaughts like that. I don't know if people count Slipknot as nu-metal anymore (the hardcore Maggots opposed the label from the start) but they've had one or two decent numbers.

I can tolerate Sevendust's debut album, although I don't think it's necessarily nu-metal. Their are no rap elements to be found. It's more or less just a quality hard rock album.

The band Ultraspank (yes, dumb name) has always been looked over for some reason, yet they have the best sound out of their (supposed) nu-metal peers. They have a sound akin to latter day Fear Factory, but with less "metal" and more "rock". They released two albums before splitting. The first is actually pretty darned good, while the second has a few really good songs, but the rest is just high quality nu-metal, which isn't saying much.

Dreamlord said:
I can tolerate Sevendust's debut album, although I don't think it's necessarily nu-metal. Their are no rap elements to be found. It's more or less just a quality hard rock album.

The band Ultraspank (yes, dumb name) has always been looked over for some reason, yet they have the best sound out of their (supposed) nu-metal peers. They have a sound akin to latter day Fear Factory, but with less "metal" and more "rock". They released two albums before splitting. The first is actually pretty darned good, while the second has a few really good songs, but the rest is just high quality nu-metal, which isn't saying much.

Ultraspank were pretty cool. Too bad they split.

I still like the first three Korn albums, pretty much everything the Deftones have done, the second Spineshank album, the odd few Limp Bizkit tracks (Boiler, Pollution, Full Nelson, Eat You Alive and the Faith cover spring to mind), the last two Mudvayne albums, System Of A Down, Apartment 26, and various others, but I can't say any o them have been muscling the latest Dew Scented or Aborted albums off my CD player lately... hehehe

I don't like any nu-metal, and I wouldn't ever buy a nu-metal CD. But I can tolerate Slipknot, Disturbed, and Mudvayne. The bands that I really hate are Limp Bizkt, Korn, Hed Pe, Linkin Park, and Puddle Of Mudd.

I try to stay away from it really - i believe most of it to be uninnovative is all

avoid it like the plague, it is the creativity killer.

SOAD, I'm a fan of theirs. Good band, just needs to develop certain aspects of itself further to become a great band. Check out their cover of Sabbath' Snowblind.

Also, Limp Bizkit's debut album, 3 dollar bill yall, had some songs on it, such as leech, that I did in fact enjoy.