Nu-Metal...(if you hate nu-metal read on)

Meh, let everyone listen to whatever they want. It's their lives after all, eh? Personally, I don't pay attention to any modern mainstream, but that's just me. But I don't expect everyone to follow in my footsteps.

Ravnanger said:
well I hate everyone who tries to be something they are not. Can't people just shut the fuck up and be themselves and stop thinking this is a movie that they have to play the best part in???

And I hate MTV's coverage of "metal" and "rock" (and this goes to all kids watching mtv also). They think they know. They think they are metalheads. They think they are rockers or punks... just by watching MTV and by the records they promote. It's sad to be a witness in this case.
You will never know anything about good music by watching MTV cause they only know what the record companies throw at them, and they throw it back to you!!!!

well I have a problem finding the right words in an argument and I have a problem getting what I have in my mind out of my mouth, but I guess you understand what I'm complaining about?

Linkin Park will never be metal in my ears. An those who listen to it will never be metalheads in my eyes. BLAH!

Jesus Christ man, you really want everyone who's 14 years old to already know who they are, what they like and how they will react to everything in life? People change and people also need years to figure themselves out. Hell, within the span of 3 years I went from wanting the current Limp Bizkit CD to listening to Burzum and Macabre. People's tastes will develop and just because some 13 year old is still learning metal, which often begins with nu-metal nowadays, doesn't mean you have to be all anal about him. I'm sure pelnty of people here started with nu-metal and gradually came to the more 'quality' stuff.

They cover what is popular and money making, which is exactly what they try to do. And to some kids, what is played on MTV is all they know, they don't knwo their are sites like this where you can get a list of 500 death and black metal bands in under 20 minutes. They know what they've seen and heard, and MTV is often the first step for many people. It's all they know at first, the radio, MTV and what they've heard from friends. Not everyone has an immediate urge to go through a record store and look for anything metal related and buy it, they just listen to what they can easily access.

So no matter how many foreign black metal bands I support if I listen to Linkin Park I'm not a metalhead? Good lord the ignorance....

Anyways, I hardly hear people claim they are metal at all. Even if they do, to some people they are the heaviest band they have heard. Which is another thing I hate, when someone says slipknot is the heaviest fucking band ever, to them it just damn may be. Slipknot might be the heaviest thing they've heard and so they don't know any better. Like if you saw some chick with really big tits, then you tell your friends she has the biggest tis around, but there might be 30 other girls with bigger tits than her. Weird analogy but fuck it, it'll work.

Intelligence has rarely anything to do with the type of music you like.. A lot of people around me listen to Linkin Park, and while some of them are what you can call "trendy" or "poppish" - they rarely call themselves metallheads. Linkin Park ain't metal - they know it.. I mean, I guess you can stretch it by putting them into nu-metal category simply because of the fact they've got some heavy distortion on their guitars (oh wow!!) and that they're mainstream - but that's stretching it. Intelligence doesn't have to do with anything - in fact, most intelligent people that I know of listen to anything but metal..

So listen to what you want to listen and stop bitching. I've met a lot of die-hard metal assholes, too, that told me that I ain't a real metal fan simply beause I sympathize with System Of A Down, for instance.. And that's not to mention that we usually had a lot of shit in common.. Just be your-fuckin-self - and don't judge other people because of their style of music... Kinda reminds me of some of the maggot Slipknot fans I've met over the past few years..

well I hate everyone who tries to be something they are not. Can't people just shut the fuck up and be themselves and stop thinking this is a movie that they have to play the best part in???
Thats the thing, take a look at them, the majority of them arent trying to be anything. They are dressing the way they want. Because they dont listen to some unknown band called gwebrkaz0r35342 doesnt mean they are trying to be something they are not... I dont know how you came across that.

Infact, the majority of numetal fans at a higher age (16, 17, 18) are more friendly than the hardcore true metal fans at the same age or older... because the majority, and even the stereotype, is ignorance at its peak, while looking down on everyone...

in a way i do like to seem "hardcore" by walking past a group of nu-metallers or wearing an obscure death metal t-shirt, just gives me a smug satisfaction heh :p

I does get annoying when you get all these stupid little posers who think that just because they like some old metallica it makes them some hardcore death metal fan but meh, they'll grow out of it. Saying that, i dont see nu-metal as an immature genre, yes a lot of the lyrics are teen-angst but bands such as mudvayne dont sing about all that crap, im not a huge fan of them but in my view they're one of the only credible "nu-metal" bands.....fucking hell i talk so much shit, someone shoot me for rambling intensely, please, shoot me in the face

Scaring the kids is fun, yeah, cause they dont know whats going on, but thats as far as it goes, when it gets out of hand and ignorance boils from it, thats 10 times more annoying than any numetal kiddie or whatever.
There are good numetal bands, I like some numetal asmuch as I like death metal. Mudvayne, Slipknot on one hand as some favorites, then on my other hand its In Flames and The Haunted, Cryhavoc, etc.. Being the extreme of either side is being narrow minded to other veiws.

Raumien said:
Anyways, I hardly hear people claim they are metal at all. Even if they do, to some people they are the heaviest band they have heard. Which is another thing I hate, when someone says slipknot is the heaviest fucking band ever, to them it just damn may be. Slipknot might be the heaviest thing they've heard and so they don't know any better. Like if you saw some chick with really big tits, then you tell your friends she has the biggest tis around, but there might be 30 other girls with bigger tits than her. Weird analogy but fuck it, it'll work.
I agree, though I should address that the word "heavy" itself is usually defined subjectively by every single human being. I for one do think Slipknot is the fuckin heaviest band out there and it's not because I wouldn't know of the bands many people call heaviest. People have told me to go and check out this and that but Slipknot still blows all of them away, for me. I can understand why people disagree with me but I can't really understand why these people can't bring themselves to admit the fact that it's all subjective and some poeple just do think Slipknot is the heaviest band around, no matter what.

And another thing. The whole image and ego issue is funny. I for one don't like to label myself. Why shoul I? I listen to the music that enjoy and that's all I care. I love Eminem's stuff. I totally like Justin Timberlake, Spiral Architect, Ra, Korn, Hoobastank, Chopin, Astral Projection, Raison d'Etre, Adagio, Robbiw Williams, Danny Elfman, Pain of Salvation, etc. For example, right now I'm listening to James Horner's work on A Beautiful Mind and I'm freakin addicted.
I enjoy what I enjoy. I don't see a reason why I should have any kind of extremely strong believes that I'd stand up for. Music is music and I love music. That's enough for me.

OoDee

yet again another fucking post about nu-metal...
if people wanted to talk about that shit, we wudn't be on ultimatemetal.com we wud be on sumthing shit like kerrang site, people can like what they want, personally i cant stand all that shitty new stuff, or the little bastards that go around wearing the shirts thinking they own you,

but posting topics about it, is just proving you envy the kids

epi5ode666 said:
yet again another fucking post about nu-metal...
if people wanted to talk about that shit, we wudn't be on ultimatemetal.com we wud be on sumthing shit like kerrang site, people can like what they want, personally i cant stand all that shitty new stuff, or the little bastards that go around wearing the shirts thinking they own you,

but posting topics about it, is just proving you envy the kids

congrats on authoring one of the most stupid posts I can remember reading.

Just live your own lives and stop worrying about everyone elses tastes. You guys are so individualistic that if all nu metallers starting like your littleunderground metal bands. Youd guys would renounce your bands and call them sellouts and mallcore. Why? Cus your all a bunch of fn pansies!

Genres of music I listen to:

Metal; thrash, power, death, prog, OLD school, and anything except Black, Nu, and hardcore, Except for Pro Pain \m/
Classical
Jazz
Old grunge
60's era pop
Classic rock
80's era pop-The Cars, The Police, U2, Sting.
and so much more it is not even funny, over 500 cds worth of evry type of music you can imagine, don't paint yourself into a corner.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Just live your own lives and stop worrying about everyone elses tastes. You guys are so individualistic that if all nu metallers starting like your littleunderground metal bands. Youd guys would renounce your bands and call them sellouts and mallcore. Why? Cus your all a bunch of fn pansies!

Consider this for a second. Some metallers actually DO NOT LIKE nu-metal. It's not because it's mainstream or commercial, it's not because the kids like it, it's because IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT. This is my view. I like bands that have been called nu-metal, but I disagree with the label, because the bands that supposedly truly define nu-metal sound far FAR shitter than the bands I listen to. If every single band I like now managed to gain wide interest from everybody, without watering down their music, I'd still adore them. All of them. I don't care about other people's tastes, I'm just giving my views on a particular style of music.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Hmm, some of it is true, but it suits being directed more at elitests who stop liking a band after they have 50 fans more than they originally started. I'm sure there are people here, like myself, enjoy some numetal, the more serious numetal, I dont mean linkin park... I mean mudvayne, slipknot, and such. If you even wanna call them numetal anymore, that label is associated with a negitive feeling, which some bands do not deserve.