Hate towards nu-metal

Not sure why you expected a "full on death metal record" from Sepultura to begin with.

I don't know if I expected it so much as wished they'd made one.

Out of curiosity which is your favourite Suffocation release?

I love Effigy of the Forgotten, and occasionally spin up Pierced from Within. I know, I know, basic bitch and all that, but those are the ones for me.

Effigy
Sepultura never peaked past BTR imo, Arise was too polished, Chaos Ad too slow, fuck anything after that
Morbid and Schizophrenia are their best, particularly Schizophrenia

Reactions: CiG
hes probably one of those tools who thinks their earlier work is death metal and not thrash :lol:

I'd put Bestial/Morbid Visions in that liminal space between thrash and deat metal, along with shit like Seven Churches and demo era Death.

At first I thought you were talking about Suffocation and I was just fucking baffled.

it's sloppy, brutal, barbaric thrash that went on to influence what would become death metal.

It's kind of all over the map. A lot of the riffs have that lurching tremolo thing that is classic death metal, but others have more of that thrashing feel. The drumming is definitely thrash style. Vocals fall in between. There's no real easy progression from thrash to death metal because it was all actually happening at the same time.

It's kind of all over the map. A lot of the riffs have that lurching tremolo thing that is classic death metal, but others have more of that thrashing feel. The drumming is definitely thrash style. Vocals fall in between. There's no real easy progression from thrash to death metal because it was all actually happening at the same time.
what in the fuck. no it wasnt "happening at the same time", death metal came from thrash. How do you consider yourself a fan of the genre and not fucking know this ... what you're hearing is thrash metal, what you're describing as "classic death metal" comes form thrash. dude, you are an embarrassment to us.

what in the fuck. no it wasnt "happening at the same time", death metal came from thrash. How do you consider yourself a fan of the genre and not fucking know this ... what you're hearing is thrash metal, what you're describing as "classic death metal" comes form thrash. dude, you are an embarrassment to us.

Dude stfu it's a well known FACT that death metal was happening in 1982, when bands like Metallica, Sodom and Exodus were dropping their demos. :rofl:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity

Look at when stuff actually came out Hellhammer's Satanic Rites was recorded before Kill 'Em All even had a European release. Death Metal was recorded before Killing is my Business...and Business is Good. Abominations of Desolation was recorded before Reign in Blood came out. Possessed and Death were working early versions of their classic tracks in 1983/84. Because thrash broke out of the underground first, it developed more quickly, and became the major influence on death metal, but a lot of the similarities are parallel development from common ancestors (Judas Priest, NWOBHM generally, Discharge and Venom, among others) rather than direct inheritance.

haha oh wow .... bands dont start with albums, as CIG already mentioned dude.

Also, Hellhammer were not a death metal band and the demo you mentioned came out after numerous thrash demos were already out, Death Metal by Possessed is clearly a thrash metal album, Dave Mustaine(one of the founding fathers of thrash metal) didnt start playing thrash with KIMB(which is not even one of the first thrash albums so i have zero clue why you mentioned it here) .... and finally every one of those dudes you mentioned will tell you that early thrash demos and shows was what influenced them to pick up their instruments and start playing. They have literally said this in countless interviews. You are a complete dunce. What you are claiming not only goes directly against what they themselves have said but also against history and reality. Everything you are stating here shows just how uneducated you are when it comes to metal. truly embarrassing. I am 100% convinced that you are a falser

I'd agree that they definitely became much more capable musicians, but the creative vitality of their earliest work is where it's at for me.
They went to be more creative later. On BTR they retained all the balls of the previous albums and moved forward with more adventurous and technical songwriting and performances. "Peaking" is not about what album you like the most.

See Metallica. I think they peaked on AJFA. It's their most ambitious album where they took their thrash sound the farthest they could, but my fav is RTL.

"Peaking" is not about what album you like the most.

Many people forget this, often smug people, because they can't grasp the idea that their personal taste isn't flawed or biased.

i'd say Metallica peaked with Master of Puppets, but yeah Ride the Lightning is my favorite too

Definitely the same for me.

I've seen Arise dissed around a here a few times before & seems to be for its production values. Whilst more money was been spent on the band here than ever before, it's still less polished than other albums released around this time, such as Rust In Peace or Danzig's S/T album. A far as the musicianship goes, it features Andreas & Igor in just about the form of their lives, &, imo anyway, together with BTR & Schizophrenia forms a triad of solid thrash albums since Kisser joined the band. It's only after Arise that a line can be drawn between the old & new Sepultura, obviously Chaos was the genesis of their experimentation.

Reactions: Sophii